News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rail Police/Administration Collar Tabs

Hi there,

I am not an expert on the Reichsbahn insignia and I haven't been able to find much information on them. I got them from a knowledgable dealer and he was able to shed a few bits of info, but anything anyone can add or correct would be great. First up is a Reichsbahn rail police collar tab with 2 oak leaves on each side and no swaztika. I haven't found any good info on the different ranks so if anyone could provide a link that would be great.

Pat

Here is the second Reichsbahn rail police collar tabs, this one with 3 oak leaves on each side of the Reichsbahn insignia, again no swastika. They both look like original period pieces to me. Any helpful info is great!

Thanks,

Pat

Last Reichsbahn collar tab of the day, this one I believe is for some kind of Pay official. If anyone can ID it that would be excellent. It appears to have had the piping removed for some reason. This one does have a swastika and the Reichsbahn insignia. Does anyone know why the police tabs have no swas and this one does? Thanks in advance!

Pat

Edited by Avitas

Hi Larry and Paul,

Yes I got a new Mac Mini, it is pretty sweet for the price! Finally got that high speed going!

My dealer mentioned he thought the top two were private purchase but definitely TR period, so the private railway could make sense. Any one else have any ideas? At work so gotta go!

Later,

Pat

• 2 months later...

I don't have my ref books handy but the other replies are correct. I beleive the first two are private purchase DDR and the the third is TR Arbeiter or worker, lowest rank from about 1941 on.