News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

I hope you can find a photo of both of them wearing these medal bars.

While Meendsen-Bohlken HAD those awards on his medal bar, so could at least a dozen other naval officers. There is no way to identify a WW1 pair unless a photo establishes the exact medal bar was being worn by him.

Meisel had a Sudeten Medal, a Memel Medal, a Spanish 1936-39 campaign Medal and I'm not sure (never seen a good enough photo) what as a 4th ribbon after his long services, worn on his ribbon bar in wartime photos. Perhaps he never updated his awards after 1938.

The only other naval SA3bX/HH/nothing else person I find was Marine-Oberstabsarzt Dr. Dietmar Sieber (1886-19??) who served in the navy from 1907 to at least 1931 but disappears thereafter (certainly not in the navy in 1936) but pops back in during the war as Flottenarzt zV before retiring 01.02.44. Since there were no long service awards between 1920 and 1936, if he retired between 1931 and then he wouldn't have been entitled to the pair even if recalled during the war since awards had been suspended.

I hope you can find a photo of both of them wearing these medal bars.

While Meendsen-Bohlken HAD those awards on his medal bar, so could at least a dozen other naval officers. There is no way to identify a WW1 pair unless a photo establishes the exact medal bar was being worn by him.

Meisel had a Sudeten Medal, a Memel Medal, a Spanish 1936-39 campaign Medal and I'm not sure (never seen a good enough photo) what as a 4th ribbon after his long services, worn on his ribbon bar in wartime photos. Perhaps he never updated his awards after 1938.

The only other naval SA3bX/HH/nothing else person I find was Marine-Oberstabsarzt Dr. Dietmar Sieber (1886-19??) who served in the navy from 1907 to at least 1931 but disappears thereafter (certainly not in the navy in 1936) but pops back in during the war as Flottenarzt zV before retiring 01.02.44. Since there were no long service awards between 1920 and 1936, if he retired between 1931 and then he wouldn't have been entitled to the pair even if recalled during the war since awards had been suspended.

Hi Rick,

I was thinking the Vizeadmiral group could not have been IDed due to the combo so i am gald it came with a name. :cheers:

As for the Admiral Meisel medal bar...i just assumed he did not update his medal bar...common enough that? :catjava:

I did a search on the net and i seen a wartime photo of him...a very long ribbon bar, all the awards you mention above seem to be on it. I see he also had the Japanese Order of the Rising Sun. Which Grade was it? Perhaps that is the 4th ribbon after the long service awards?

Thanks for your input. :beer:

Pierce

P.S Thanks to everyone else for their positive comments. :rock on:

Edited by luftkreig

As for the Admiral Meisel medal bar...i just assumed he did not update his medal bar...common enough that? :catjava:

Pierce,

Firstly, 2 fantastic finds! I really like the Admiral's medal bar, and the Vizeadmiral's foreign decorations are great looking too!! :cheers:

As for this question above, it is likely that it is his medal bar but he just did not update it as you put it. This is not unheard of in my opinion but hopefully some of the experts can clarify this.

Well done again :beer:

John