News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Front row, second from the right, I think. The ears are almost like fingerprints. The guy's ears stick out a good deal, and are a lot broader at the top, and have a prominent "ear-hole" (for want of a better word). Unfortunately in the group picture you do not have a perfect picture of the ear. One could say that the guy in the front row, third from the right, is a candidate, but "our" guy has a rather small mouth, obvious on all of his photos, whereas the third from right guy has a longer mouth. Otherwise on "overall" look the two (second and third from the right) each might be the guy.

Just looking generally at who looks like whom often doesn't work; especially as dear old WW I really seemed to wear a lot of guys down, they changed a lot. Overall the first two pictures, probably not far apart in time, overall look quite different.

I have a photo of about 20-25 men of my father's (then) battalion, and not one but two seem to be my father, but the picture was sent to my father by his budddies, and I don't think he was in the area at that time, based on other factors.

Bob Lembke

2nd left and 2nd right both have protruding ears, as I do (when I was a kid my mother used to tape them to the side of my head to get them to lay more against the skull, didn't work), but the guy on the right has ears that flare out at the top, but are closer in at the bottom, just less ear there, which matches the photos at the top. 2nd left has ears that stick out about the same amount at the top and bottom. Also, 2nd right seems to have a bit smaller mouth corner to corner, matching the mouth in the top photos, 2nd left has a small mouth, but not quite as much.

Bob