News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

named 1914 ek1

Eric, that is actually an "I", not an "F".

thank you, i realized my error shortly after posting but decided not to edit out my ignorance.

gives more room for discussion! :cheers:

so, given the absence of this name either on the rangliste or on the casualty list, the legitimacy of this cross may be fairly grim, right?

Guest Rick Research

Not at all.

Nesper was commissioned Leutnant der Reserve in IR 121 10 March 1916. Page 24 of the secret Stellv. GenKdo XIII. AK Rank List shows him in the Ersatz Bn/ IR 121 in Ludwigsburg in April 1917. That suggests he was possibly recovering from wounds and on light duties back home himself.

My only source for W?rttemberg's WW1 fatalities is "Stuttgart's War Dead" (1:8 of the total) and he's not in that.

My W?rttemberg sources are still incomplete, so can't say more than that at present.

But typically, dR/dL suffixes got left off CONSTANTLY, so absence of such a suffix does NOT automatically mean the officer was a regular.

Will scan you the page and post it later.

Guest Rick Research

Research Gnomes are like the Borg Collective: we are one.

Here is the secret Home Establishment XIIIth Army Corps "End of April 1917" listing, starts on page 22 and ends on page 24:

Now, I know what you are thinking:

Gee, that's neat, but what was his first name and what ELSE did he get?

Guest Rick Research

Well, :unsure: thanks to the palantir, I am able to contact Research Gnome Glenn (even when he is not awake :ninja: ) and sooooo.... :rolleyes:

:catjava: