News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sirdar's Medal for Efficiency -Khartoum Military School

The Khartoum Military School was founded in 1905 and disbanded in 1924. There were initially a few students or cadets. The School was disbanded after a mutiny. Any information regarding the School and the award will be appreciated. The soldier has an award around his neck which is similar to the medal I have, it could even be the same.

Wil,

This is not the Sirdars Medal shown in your other post - the crown suspension clearly differentiates it from the Sirdar's Efficiency Medal. This looks like a full time soldier not a cadet. Possible options:

Badge of office, i.e. Corporal of the Guard / duty NCO or similar.

Passing out award - best NCO of cadre or similar.

Prize medal - shootiong, sports, etc.

Sirdar / Governor's Guard designation.

Food for thought......

Owain

Hi Owain,

Thanks as always.

The mysteries surrounding these items and places never stop to amaze me.

I am going to use the photograph and items as a starting point and see what turns up.

The previous owner is a very old collector who is moving on some of his items and collection, he has had the medal for nearly 50 years.

Regards,

Will

Ah-

Glasgow. Excellent quality then. Is there a makers' mark? It'd be interesting to see if the firm was still around. Sometimes those old ledgers turn up interesting information.

Guest IMHF

William

Your collection is building up, to be one of the most beautiful collections of Arabic medals and Orders, from your Saddam Hussein Display to this:

I am very Impressed :cheers:

Lorenzo