News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Society of Faith, Hope and Love - Badge

Chuck In Oregon

What I think this is, as opposed to, say, being able to document it, is the badge of the Imperial Society of Faith, Hope and Love. I believe that each of the symbols stands for one of the elements: the cross for Faith, the anchor for Hope and the heart for Love. If anyone cares to correct me, I'd be glad for a reference that says exactly what this is.

This is a 4-part badge, solid silver with four colors of enamel. There are no proof or hallmarks.

If I recall my one conversation about this badge correctly, this society cared for wounded veterans and injured non-combatants. Please tell me more.

Chuck

Great custom piece..These unique badges are one of my favorites.

Seems like russian badges go on forever.. I have a small silver and glid piece i got with the pinecely jeton I posted, I assume it belonged to him as well..

IPB Image

Dont know all the inscription, but my father told me it was for a invlids society.

George

IPB Image

Guest Rick Research

What :love::love: these little jewels are! :cheers:

badge in number 2 above (Komitet' Pomotschy Voinam' Priamurskago Kraya) says it is the "Committee for Assistance of Soldiers of the Priamursky Krai," so waaaaaaaaay out there somewhere along the Amur River--no clue what the bounds of the "Near Amur Region" were.

What :love::love: these little jewels are! :cheers:

badge in number 2 above (Komitet' Pomotschy Voinam' Priamurskago Kraya) says it is the "Committee for Assistance of Soldiers of the Priamursky Krai," so waaaaaaaaay out there somewhere along the Amur River--no clue what the bounds of the "Near Amur Region" were.

I agree with Rick. These badges are georgeous. I follow your and George?s threads every day and its most interesting to see these and also read about their meaning.

Even the custom made pieces look perfect, wow.

Gerd

I agree with Rick. These badges are georgeous. I follow your and George?s threads every day and its most interesting to see these and also read about their meaning.

Even the custom made pieces look perfect, wow.

Gerd

Wow, the presssure is really on now. I'll have to post a few more of these, now that I know there is some real interest. I wouldn't mind seeing some more members post here, either. I joined to learn and share, not just share. I have a LOT more questions than answers.

I have a cross-over Imperial-Red Army group that I've been thinking about posting either here or on the Soviet forum. I think I'll post it here. There are Imperial badges, a St. George Cross and a documented 3-Rivet Red Star. I'll try to get to it by Wednesday.

Over to you, George.

Thanks Gerd!

Chuck

Yes, don?t misinterprete the silence with lacking interest. I have seen a lot of these badges and allways admired their beauty and craftmanship, but as my focus is on Cold War Awards, i never got to far to find out, what these are and for what these were awarded or given for. I don?t have any of these early badges, only a few common soviet ones, so i unfortunately can?t contribute to this forum.

Gerd

• 2 years later...