News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings, I dont do craigslist.com much. Im a life long German WW2 combat collector and I found an ad for a German WW2 War Merit Cross a few miles across town from me. I called and he told me he had more. This is the grouping I bought from him, I wasnt sure of the Imperial items. Some research and I identified the Royal Order of Hohenzollen Knights Cross with swords. The second was identified for me on WA.com as the Princely Schwarzburg Honor Cross(thanks Noor) A thrilling find for me and much appreciated. It was mentioned to me that thru more experianced members here that one could possibly identify the origional owner. All comments greatly appreciated. Best,Bill Bourque

Outstanding find. I looked on Craigslist in my area but all I ever found was a GI mess kit and US tanker badge. An awkward conversation ensued from there..."ah, no I am not interested in these very "rare" items for $50, but thank you for offering..."

Guest Rick Research

Daniel's additional suspects suggest that perhaps the only way to get this down to one person is if the WW1 Regimental History is out there and lists Hohenzollern recipients.

It is extremeely frustrating that "Prussians" (among whom for organizational purposes we must put the Thuringians) consistently omitted fundamental details like first names. Sopmetimes no amount of work can come up with ONE name...

though any Rudolstadt SEK3X at all is grounds for juubilation. :jumping::jumping::jumping: :jumping:

Hello, thank you again for all your help. Im not sure if it was noticed but the IC is broken off at the ring. Any suggestions on its repair? I have recieved many emails about this grouping and wanted to point out the break on the IC. Best, Bill

• 10 months later...

Hello, thank you again for all your help. Im not sure if it was noticed but the IC is broken off at the ring. Any suggestions on its repair? I have recieved many emails about this grouping and wanted to point out the break on the IC. Best, Bill

A little off-topic, but what is the award with the gold and blue ribbon on this bar?

Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer

A little off-topic, but what is the award with the gold and blue ribbon on this bar?

Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer

Hi William,

That is the Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt Honor Cross Fouth Class with Swords.

Best regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

This is not the 4th class, but the third class with X

Chrisotphe

Hi Chrisotphe,

Thanks for the correction. Third Class has enamel center and Fourth Class is without enamel.

Best regards,

Tom