News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ARMOR!

Jim Baker

Those are stunning... How long does it take you to complete one? I know that completing such scale models is second only to micro surgery. I tried one once and was not able to complete it! The pieces were too small for me(or more accurately, I did not have the patience).

Edited by Paul Reck

Hmmmmmm...........

Time?? Well, I never timed myself on a kit. I'm really very much an amature and build almost straight out of the box. I concentrate on cleaning up and maybe a few bits of wire here and there. Sometimes I slap one together over a weekend, and other times it's a little here and there.

The KV was a weekend project, and the Panther was built over 6 months. It really just depends on what's going on in the real world.

At the moment, I have three completed and awaiting paint. It always takes me longer to paint than anything else. It's just whenever I get to them.

If you read Steve's Modeling 101, the bottomless pit is MUCH larger when working in this scale, so I do spend a bit of time on my hands and knees looking for itty bitty parts. :(