News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Saxons-- presumably son and father.

Pioneer Leutnant/Leutnant dR with SA3bX, SFAM, EK2.

Dad--oh for an Epson scanner! :banger: presumably a Colonel. Cannot make out what neck award(s) he has-- whcih would be the key to identifying BOTH of them. :banger:

Pinback Albert Order-Officer (peacetime, looks like), medal bar EK(combatant), Saxon War Effort Cross, SV3a peacetime, S XXV, BMV but can't tell if wartime or peacetime since upper part and ribbon overexposed, and ?M3K.

Saxons-- presumably son and father.

Pioneer Leutnant/Leutnant dR with SA3bX, SFAM, EK2.

Dad--oh for an Epson scanner! :banger: presumably a Colonel. Cannot make out what neck award(s) he has-- whcih would be the key to identifying BOTH of them. :banger:

Pinback Albert Order-Officer (peacetime, looks like), medal bar EK(combatant), Saxon War Effort Cross, SV3a peacetime, S XXV, BMV but can't tell if wartime or peacetime since upper part and ribbon overexposed, and ?M3K.

I would say that the neckaward is Sachsen-Weimars White Falcon with it's distinct loop ring.

Edit: A bit more obvious with the new scan.

Edited by RaZpuTiN

Guest Rick Research

Saxe-Weimar GSF2b... and a peacetime BMV ?4 ?3. Zoom in on his shoulder boards...

My saxon sources are poor, but he's basically loaded down with peacetime stuff superuior to his rank, which suggest a pre-war retiree called back up. May require a hunt through the 1914 Rank List (retirees as well as active) and then Roth. NOT quick or easy. :(

Very nice photo of Saxon officer. I like a lot the officer with SF2. I can't clearly see if he received swords or not on his SF2. It is possible for you to make a good close up of this medal. Then Rick can identify him quickly.

Thanks for sharing

Christophe

PS : this card should be in my collection

Guest Rick Research

Nooooooooooooo... too faded/out of focus.

Been through hundreds of pages...

NO swords on the pinback Albert Order?

I don't SEE any Xs on the Weimar White Falcon, but the only combination I can find MIGHT be

Oberst (22.05.16) Volkmar Alfred Sch?ne:

Vorstand Kriegsbekleidungsamt XII. Armeekorps 18.04.16 to his death 22.09.18.

SA-O without Xs 10.05.18

SV3a without Xs 23.05.16

SK 21.10.16-- so apparently this weird War Effort Cross COULD be awarded with "peacetime" non-X Saxon Orders-- which continued being handed out throughout the war (unlike any other state I've seen Rolls for) just as if it was peacetime for rear area home service types.

BMV4 07.02.06

Saxon XXV 1910

GSF2bX "1918."

IF that was Colonel Sch?ne (am not completely convinced)... then potentially his son MIGHT have been Leutnant dR (Pio Bn 12) Kurt Sch?ne, who received SA3bX 04.12.15 and no other Saxon Order during the war.

If there are swords on the pinback Albert Order, then all bets are off since I've spent all this time looking for the wrong combination of awards.

his son MIGHT have been Leutnant dR (Pio Bn 12) Kurt Sch?ne, who received SA3bX 04.12.15 and no other Saxon Order during the war.

I think that fits. The left person is wearing saxon engineer-uniform.

Gru? Stefan

Guest Rick Research

Unfortunately, it was pointed out to me by PM :cheers: that Kurt got a Silver St. Heinrichsmedaille and this young officer is wearing a silver Friedrich August Medal.

So..... still unidentified. :(