News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partiz?nbar?tok Sz?vets?ge -Friends Of The Partisans

Gentlemen,

Some time ago I picked up some small pins which I was unfamiliar with. Charles had seen them before but did not know what organization they represented. A week or so ago, I was in a militaria shop here in Budapest and the owner offered me two documents that had a picture of these particulat pins at the top. I'll post the pins first and then the documents with a brief rundown on what they are about.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

The P B on the pins stands for PARTIZ?NBAR?TOK SZ?VETS?GE or in English - Friends of the Partisans. I am not sure when this orgaization came into being but one of the documenst I received was a letter dated 1947 so probably shortly after the war. Here is a scan of the letter. I haven't translated it yet.

The other document that I purchased was tittled - "PARTIZÁNBARÁTOK SZÖVETSÉGE" "A SZOVETSÉG CÉLKITÜZÉGE" "PURPOSE OF THE ASSOCIATION". Charles did a brief synopsis for me and basically the document says "that it lays out the reasons for Hungarian Partisans and due to the nature of the war there were many who "assisted" the partisans in many ways (housing, hiding weapons etc...) these were the friends of the partisans - the supporters. It goes on with the need to support the new and growing democracy and to support the national heroes, the Partisans, etc...."

The document is an A4 sized sheet of paper, folded in half and printed on both sides to make a four page document.

Cheers,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

The P B on the pins stands for PARTIZ?NBAR?TOK SZ?VETS?GE or in English - Friends of the Partisans. I am not sure when this orgaization came into being but one of the documenst I received was a letter dated 1947 so probably shortly after the war. Here is a scan of the letter. I haven't translated it yet.

Well - without getting the dictionary out this page should nail down the formation date of the organization. The letter is from the presidents / directors offcie of the Freinds of the Partisan Association. The letter is a request to change a section of the by-laws (basically the addition of some words conering the guarding of the honor of the heros who gave thier lives for the nation etc...). I would guess that this was an ammendment shortly after the foundation so probably the fall or winter of 1946 at the out-most. Perhaps in the earlier months of 1947. This would make sense to get this document with the letter as it may have been included with whoever received it to give "guidelines" as to the purpose of the organization. Great find. Someday I will have to pull out my pins. As I recall these were about the size of an American nickel.