News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Case 25yrs-Help

Hi,

can anybody help me with this case.I don?t know what award it might be for.The 25symbol is at least similar if not identical to the one used by RAD,but those are somewhat earth-coloured.The cases for 25yrs state-service are slightly bigger and have a different symbol.Is this one a fake?

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for bringing this up, I as a collector of cases and cased awards had never even realised or looked closely enough at these to realise the there was a difference in the cog motif !!!

Thats another variation to add to these awards, the long red box with different motif, an Ldo sort for this award and a packet !!

Excellent, thank you Rosenberg for bringing this up !!

Kr

Marcus

Marcus,

I didn't realise that the difference between these two wasn't widely known. Do you have images of the other variations including the packet? If so perhaps you would be kind enough to post them here as it could be a nice addition to the thread.

Cheers

Don

Allan has the Ldo box........Dave B you bugger LOL I wanted that hehehe

There's one in Angolia's Political and Civil awards book, I'll get Allan to post a pick of his. Other variations really just include the outer covering differences, and style of maker labels inside the lid.

The outer coverings, you can assimilate to other 'red' covered boxes with these minor difference's......it's nothing really to get overly excited about, but I'm trying to define as many of the coverings on boxes etc as I can for the book. There isn;t that many really, and it's just interesting to note differences.

I must say despite the 'evil' swas on the Faithfull Service decorations, the 25 Year out of all three I think is a wonderful looking award.