News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm usually pretty good at identifying badges on photo's....but this one is a little too hard! No chance of upping the scanner resolution and giving us little more to work with?

The bottom badge looks to have the wings of a pilot's badge, which would mean the middle one would be an EK1. Top=??

Guest Rick Research

I think the top's his Three Birdies glider badge-- a very strange way to wear awards-- all that available abdomen space and he's got the third badge part way under his belt!

Guest Brian von Etzel

I'm guessing some other type of Civil Awards. But yes Rick that bottom one could be the Winged Man.

Edited by Brian von Etzel

Hi,

It depends but i do think we can know it for sure. hwoever then we need a bit of your help with dates Chris :P

Do you have a idea on when he won his awards during WWII (such as clasps towards the iron cross, etc .. ), this can be the clue. let me explain a bit.

It was common practice before the institution of the large NSFK glider badge to wear a bullion version of the Silver C badge. After institution of the Large NSFK badge it was one of the award criteria (bedingungsgruppe II) that holders of the Silver C where eligible to receive the large NSFK badge. So here is the clue IMHO.

Iff you can date the picture better then we might have the answers.

Cordial greetings, :jumping: