News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Problem With Pirate Website

Has faced such problem:

Created by me (with help of colleagues certainly and I hope most of us use this page ) the database of SFRY awards:

http://sammler.ru/index.php?act=Gallery&cat=407

There are abt 90 % items from my collection in the base presented but some pictures given by collegues what I always mentioned in the description.

Actually this base has been completely copied, also all images of awards, documents, boxes etc. were transferred on a Slovene forum without any primary source instructions and even link:

http://www.wehrmacht-odlikovanja.com/

On the one hand, placing the pictures into Internet, it is necessary to realise that they became property of the public.

On the other hand, and how abt ethics questions?

Some colleagues who have allowed me to use their pictures show me discontent concerning illegal use of their images.

But what I can do?

Advise please how to be in such situation!

PS. Slovenian forums ask the registration so I attached few screenshots.

May be somebody knows owners of this site?

Guest Rick Research

"...that they became property of the public.

On the other hand, and how abt ethics questions?"

Posting something to share with other people for their education and personal use does NOT entitle them to STEAL

YOUR

work and present YOUR items as if they belong to the website that has STOLEN them. :violent:

"What is yours is mine" these internet thieves believe.

It is more "amusing" then when THEY slap website copyright marks over images that they have STOLEN.

Such THIEVES do not have any ethics. :violent:

Making the THEFT of YOUR images public will let the entire world know who the scans REALLY BELONG TO. They can steal your images but they cannot steal the knowledge that is in your brain. :beer:

There are GOOD people everywhere and there are BAD people everywhere.

MY work on German ribbon bars 1914-1945 has been STOLEN and posted on another website for 4 years without my permission and despite all my protests.

All that remains is for the GOOD people to keep doing what they do best and the BAD people can

go to hell. :whistle:

Meanwhile, anyone foolish enough to expect knowledgeable answers from THIEVES with nice scans will soon discover that if they want informed answers... they will have to come to the people who KNOW what they are talking about.

It is EASY to be a THIEF-- it is NOT easy to be KNOWLEDGEABLE.

YOU ARE THE BEST.

THEM?

They know how to copy-and-paste.

Hello Rick!

Thanx for support!

I created this base for all. It is opened for all Internet users without restrictions.

To me advise to write to the admin of this site...

And what I will write to him?

"Ah-ah, what for has stolen?.."

"The bad person..."

speechless.gif

Anatoly,

do not be destructed by copies.

If you are copied, that means that your work is good. :cool:

Your site and you work is unique and of great interest to all of us. We all look forward to new additions.

Keep on the good work. :D

Hello Anatoly

I have experienced same problem with differnt users and sellers on ebay and other vending sites which used direct links to my pictures. As soon as I have detected them I took the time to exchange the order pictures with all kinds of other "type" pictures which resulted in some of the vendors beeing baned from ebay and similar sites due to not conform picture material. (I have posted nude women .....). :whistle::shame::ninja:

Since I have done this the number of "free" uses have been at zero with my site, I think it was more worth than writing a letter of complaint.

Best regards and good luck

Milan

Hello Anatoly

I have experienced same problem with differnt users and sellers on ebay and other vending sites which used direct links to my pictures. As soon as I have detected them I took the time to exchange the order pictures with all kinds of other "type" pictures which resulted in some of the vendors beeing baned from ebay and similar sites due to not conform picture material. (I have posted nude women .....). :whistle::shame::ninja:

Since I have done this the number of "free" uses have been at zero with my site, I think it was more worth than writing a letter of complaint.

Best regards and good luck

Milan

Hello Anatoly

I'm the owner of www.wehrmacht-odlikovanja.com.

I understand and am very sorry, that it came to this inplesent event.

Of course I will remove the whole contribution from a colleague collector from Slovenia, who was obviously copying your work.

Even though, that in the rules of the forum stands that you have to write the source of the photo, this rarely happens.

Keeping the control is hard to maintain and something like that can happen everywhere.

I'm also a friend in times of writing contributions of warnings, he should get a permision from the owner of the photos, so there won't be any problems... But I didn't know the source of the contribution, in first line I am a collector from german awards.

But I have to take the page into protection, web-site isn't pirate, but it is true that the contribution from the writer is pirate and I will take action against it.

If there's any way I can help, please tell me...

Kind regards

Sasha

Edited by Sasha

Hello Milan!

Thx for advise!cheers.gif

As I understand you struggled with links to your site.

At me a bit other situation - all images have been copied.

Though, if on their site there would be instead of my pictures to naked women I will not object. biggrin.gif

Hello Sasha!

I am glad to see your message which confirms that the problem will be solved.

I accept your apologies.

I do not object in popularisation of my work worldwide (in Slovenia certainly too cool.gif ) .That will go on advantage to collectioners, and that is the primary goal of my page.

I'm ready to discuss conditions and an order of using of results of my work on your site...

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say that on sammler.ru there is also a picture of my medal, and listed under catalogue of Jugoslav medals, without mentioning who owns it. So, it is not all black and white as I can see, not only on WO people take other peoples pictures without listing whose they are, here is a link, picture of Burma in box on the middle picture is in my collection, link:

http://sammler.ru/in...picture&id=2369

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say that on sammler.ru there is also a picture of my medal, and listed under catalogue of Jugoslav medals, without mentioning who owns it. So, it is not all black and white as I can see, not only on WO people take other peoples pictures without listing whose they are, here is a link, picture of Burma in box on the middle picture is in my collection, link:

Jakove,

write a PM to Anatoly and he will correct the mistake. There was my medal on his site too and I have wrote a message after what he had made a corrections.

Edited by SasaYU

Jakove,

write a PM to Anatoly and he will correct the mistake. There was my medal on his site too and I have wrote a message after what he had made a corrections.

I would have written something on russian forum, but my Russian is non existent, so I mention it here, in English, I am sure that Anatoly will correct that mistake as soon as he reads this topic.

Edited by Jakov

Hello Jakov!

I have this medal in box in my collection too.

I have forgotten to change a picture.

I'm sorry.

http://sammler.ru/index.php?act=Gallery&CODE=picture&id=2369

beer.gif

Hello Jakov!

I have this medal in box in my collection too.

I have forgotten to change a picture.

I'm sorry.

:beer:

No problem, glad you have it also, very few boxed medals are to be found on the market or in collections. Thank you for mentioning my name glad to have something together and among all the beauties from your collection.

Regards

:beer:

Edited by Jakov

Hello Anatoly

Thank you! I am glad that we or solving this problem, the contribution is removed until we get rid of the problem.

Please tell me, what are the conditions for the publishing of your photos?

I took some time and contacted the autor from "Militar", ofcourse, he's prepeared for solving the problem.

He also has a please, you have one of his photos on your page and he wishes that you write his nickname next to it.

http://sammler.ru/index.php?act=gallery&CODE=picture&id=2678

Obviously, the usage of photos without writing the source next to it is bilateral... but I believe, that we will solve the problem like gentlemen and write the sources.blush.gif

Kind regards

Sasha

Hello Anatoly

Thank you! I am glad that we or solving this problem, the contribution is removed until we get rid of the problem.

Please tell me, what are the conditions for the publishing of your photos?

I took some time and contacted the autor from "Militar", ofcourse, he's prepeared for solving the problem.

He also has a please, you have one of his photos on your page and he wishes that you write his nickname next to it.

http://sammler.ru/in...picture&id=2678

Obviously, the usage of photos without writing the source next to it is bilateral... but I believe, that we will solve the problem like gentlemen and write the sources.blush.gif

Kind regards

Sasha

Sasha,

Sem že popravljena.

Najlepše želje,

Roman

Dear Colleagues,

This is my first post and I could not answer. First of all, the http://www.wehrmacht-odlikovanja.com is very professional, especially as regards the knowledge of users.

Mr.Anatoly13 not speak the truth. Many of the pictures published in the forum are mine in my collection. I never gave permission for the publication of pictures of my ordenov, but it is still published ...Morality, the code of ethics?

However, it is presented nicely, as it is better to complete http://www.wehrmacht-odlikovanja.com and in no way talking about the copies. Since Mr.Anatoly13 I received information that the public and recorded in several books that were published from expert collectors across ex Yugoslavia.

If you are already talking about the present Yugoslav ordenov and medals is Mr.Militar delivered the most detailed record of what was to grant individual or orden medal.

So many of my hand, and a nice greeting from the

Croatia.

Edited by Bogo

Bogo!

I have no anything against a site.

By the way, I opened the topic with the name "problem" and someone from moderators has renamed my topic. But now it is unimportant, as the problem is not present - Sasha has removed тоpic of Militar from his site.

Pls send me or post here links to your orders that I use in my base.

I do not object if someone somewhere uses separate pictures from my base for finding-out of true or for an example in their discussions , but it was a problem that all pictures have been copied. Mine and not mine.

My colleague Nenad Bjelos who has kindly given me many pictures of subjects from his collection and also other colleagues have been revolted by that.

"...I received information that the public and recorded in several books that were published from expert collectors across ex Yugoslavia..." -what do you mean?

And in general I will not understand what sense you have enclosed in your post - the problem is solved. What for you wish me to offend , accuse of lie...banger.gif