News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello

I believe this cross to be a wearers copy Check out medalnets site there is info on it about original crosses !

and yes it is mounted on bar in correct way!

Hi Scottplen,

When you say wearers copy do you just mean a modern copy/period copy?

Thanks for the website!cheers.gif

Regards

Matt

I have seen this medal bar for sale. Is the enlisted mens PLM an original? Where these usually mounted on the medal bar?

Thanks

Matt

I have two questions. 1st- What country is this Medal bar from? 2nd- What are the two middle crosses (Including what PLM stands for).

:beer: Doc Riley

Doc:

Third Reich Germany era:

1. Iron Cross 2nd class

2. Prussian Military Service/Bravery cross (the highest award an enlisted man could get-the "enlisted mans' Blue Max)

3. Oldenburg FA cross (equal of the iron cross 2nd class)

4. Hindenburg cross with swords-for service in WW1, swords denotes saw combat: established in 1934 and awarded through 1942.

Doc:

Third Reich Germany era:

1. Iron Cross 2nd class

2. Prussian Military Service/Bravery cross (the highest award an enlisted man could get-the "enlisted mans' Blue Max)

3. Oldenburg FA cross (equal of the iron cross 2nd class)

4. Hindenburg cross with swords-for service in WW1, swords denotes saw combat: established in 1934 and awarded through 1942.

Thanks for the ID!!! I knew the first and last and I've seen the Oldenburg FA Cross before but my memory failed me. :banger: The The Prussian Bravery cross was one that I haven't seen until now.

:beer: Doc Riley

I don't really care for the color or "look" of that cross. The "wearer's copy" thing with this award is a little too prevalent for my personal tastes. Having said that, the bar itself looks very well made and probably original. I'd really like to see much larger images of the bar as well as the front/back of the GMVK

Hello

I like the bar ! but not the cross I have had two in my collections in the past one issue piece and and other a period spange struck piece and this one does not come close to them ! something about the color send warning flags up for me !!! but I am no expert there are others on this forum that have more knowledge then me !!