News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Award Cards to General of the Army and General Colonel

In the spirit of my previous thread where I showed the citations for these two amazing fellows, here are their award cards! I just got these in the mail today from the archives. Quite interesting, I think!

First, here's the earliest award card from General of the Army Luchinsky. Look at all those first class awards! :speechless1:

Dave

Here's one from 1980. Not much on it, though it it highlighted by his October Revolution. I wonder how many other high-level generals were on that Ukaz? Might be a good starting place for Rick's serial number database... The ones around that number were probably awarded to some big fellows!

Here's his final one. This was for his Homeland 2nd, just as the USSR was falling apart.

Unlike the first one, note his signature on this one. Goes to show that time is no respector of person or accomplishment!

Guest Rick Research

Never saw an Award Records Cards slapped all over like a pre-WW2 Orders Book before-- you think they could have spared another sheet insteda of sticking his 2 digit OSH3 in there!

Was the second general around circa 1967+? I'm wondering about the obviously blatantly contrary to regulations "jubilee" awards of Orders on ceremonial dates...

have you noticed any pattern of who got what?

Rick-

Thought you'd enjoy these!

The second General was gone by the late 60s. I think he passed away in 1967 or thereabouts (without pulling out my HSU books!)

For Luchinsky, I love his early awards - RBL in '28, and an RB in '29! :love: It's no wonder that the last time his group was offered up for sale it was in the neighborhood of $425K!!! (That's quite a nice neighborhood, mind you!) :rolleyes:

Fun stuff!

Dave