News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

questions about the Order of the Red Banner

I have a few questions about serial number ranges for the Order of theRed Banner. I've tried finding this info on my own with the searchfunction, but I couldn't locate anything (this new search function doesn't seem to work for me).

1. What is the highest serial number ORB ever produced?

2. What is the highest serial number ORB ever awarded? Is there an unissued award range, as there is with the ORS and OSH3's?

3. Is there any data concerning the serial numbers of ORB's awarded forpost-WW2 actions (in other words, not long-service), especially forAfghanistan? I know Rick has one for 1968 and I can think of one other for Egypt, but I don't know the serial number for that one.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks very much! :cheers:

-Alex

Guest Rick Research

Aside from the pinned thread

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35306

I don't have any further data. Obviously there were awards for Afghanistan, but we've yet to see them-- not surprising with livin recipients proudly holding their awards.

There is a great void after the Still Breathing jubliee awards of 1967-68...

so not much help, I'm afraid.

so not much help, I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway, Rick. :beer: The list was the first place I looked. I also posted this question on another forum, but so far no one has an answer there either. If it turns out someone does know there, I will share the info here.

-Alex

The highest observed serial number on Mondvor.narod.ru is 565,757. They also mention that by 1991, over 581,300 Red Banners were awarded, but I take it that includes 2nd award, 3rd award, etc. Red Banners too.

Thanks, Auke! :cheers:

Semi-related question: what does this serial number look like to you and does it look authentic?

-Alex

Thanks guys! :cheers:

Sorry the picture is so awful, but it is the best I could get. The seller (I admit, this is e$cam) claims it is number 566,922, making it (if the seller read it correctly) the highest serial number ever observed :speechless1: which I expect would mean it is a very recent and maybe special (possibly Afghanistan?) award. Unfortunately, I am not going to buy it, given that the seller is not sending me high quality pictures and will not accept returns, and that I am not an expert on ORB authenticity (I have a feeling it might be good though). On top of that, I have to put my collecting on hold for a few months since school is starting again tomorrow (if I disappear from the forum for a while, you know why. If I get straight A's I'll treat myself to a medal and post :lol:)

If anyone wants to take a look at the auction, ask and I will pm a link. It ends soon.

-Alex