News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ethiopian Award Document mystery!

fjcp

So I recently picked up this Ethiopian award doc for a song.

It has nothing to do with my collecting field, not even close, but it looked nice and so i couldn't resist.

The only thing I can make out is the date 1941,I guess that's 1948 for us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

JC

Darn right you got that for a song! I was the other bidder.

I am still unsure if that is really the God Emperors' signature as well.

Did you see the other documents in the lot?

That was quite a diplomatic career the Czech Gentleman had-AND he was a partisan to boot!

Darn right you got that for a song! I was the other bidder.

I am still unsure if that is really the God Emperors' signature as well.

Did you see the other documents in the lot?

That was quite a diplomatic career the Czech Gentleman had-AND he was a partisan to boot!

I sent the seller an email asking if this was from the same guy but I never got an answer...

It always bugs me breaking up groups. I've contacted an online translation service and perhaps they

'll be able to figure this out.

JC

ps.Did you win the other docs? If so, I think they should be reunited.

Edited by fjcp

According to one of my staff this is in Geez not Amharic and is a certificate in the name of Halie Selassie awarding the Order of the Star Knight (5th class) to a Captain Costa Ulseevich (Transliteraion?) & issued by the Defence Ministry

Hope this helps,

Owain

According to one of my staff this is in Geez not Amharic and is a certificate in the name of Halie Selassie awarding the Order of the Star Knight (5th class) to a Captain Costa Ulseevich (Transliteraion?) & issued by the Defence Ministry

Hope this helps,

Owain

Thank you very much for this info..

This confirms that this doc. was awarded to the same man, KOSTA JELICIC, as this (190335250524)document for a Dutch order of oranje-nassau.

I would haved loved to keep these together especially since I am dutch....

Silly silly silly...

Ulsterman, how many more docs were in this group? I can't seem to find the listings anymore.

Item numbers for ref. ethiopian doc.170383218624 Dutch doc.190335250524

cheers

JC

Thank you very much for this info..

This confirms that this doc. was awarded to the same man, KOSTA JELICIC, as this (190335250524)document for a Dutch order of oranje-nassau.

I would haved loved to keep these together especially since I am dutch....

Silly silly silly...

Ulsterman, how many more docs were in this group? I can't seem to find the listings anymore.

Item numbers for ref. ethiopian doc.170383218624 Dutch doc.190335250524

cheers

JC

If you are Dutch, joing this forum; www.onderscheidingenforum.nl I think the buyer corvettesander is known there...

There were at least four to Captain Costa J. and maybe six. I only bid on the Czech Partisan badge doc., the Iceland Order of the Falcon doc. and the Ethiopian doc..

He also got the San Marino Order of St. Agatha (3rd class) and the Venezualen Order of Francisco De Miranda (11/11/1973)

• 2 months later...

The language is in fact Amharic and not Geez.

Right beneath the imperial seal is the Emperor's title, followed by a greeting and then the citation awarding said captain with the "Order of the Star Knight" (direct translation: Ethiopian Star of Honor). The two signatures are from the Defense Ministry and Information Ministry (for a lack of better translation).

Hope this helps.