News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Complete Spanish Set of medals

Chris Boonzaier

Me neither! I thought when the were awarded on return of the Legion if the man had died the next of kin got that cross and no other? Any pics of this group Chris?

A good friend had just about bought it, then the seller backed out and sold it to a dealer (breaking up an over 25 year friendship).

I never got to see it, but from the guy I should have got it i am sure it was 100% kosher... he really knows his stuff.

mAYBE IT WAS an anamoly and both were issued in error?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The members of the LC who died in Spain, did recieved posthumously one of the three classes of the spanish cross with swords. I suppose, but this is only my opinion, that the class was in accordance to the way the people died. For exemple, a soldier dead in combat, whatever his rank, received the gold cross; those died in accident received the bronze. They were also awarded posthumously spanish medal ie. "sufrimientos por la patria", "medalla de la campa?a".

The family received the posthumously awarded cross, and the awarded spanish medal with all the documents. Of course the familly received also the honor cross for next of kin and the affered document. A letter from the RLM generally accompanied the whole package. Sometimes the former LC unit commander sent to the familly a small photo album, with indications of the place were the soldier died and the buried place.

jacques