News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Who Is This Gentleman? (a quiz)

I initially wanted to post this in Christophe's quiz thread, but decided to open up a new topic instead.

Two questions:

1. Who is this gentleman in a uniform and dark glasses? (the easier question)

2. The ribbon bars of what decorations is he wearing? (the more difficult one)

A hint: all his awards are Soviet bloc awards.

Happy guessing!

Lukasz

Enlarged photo:

Rick and Daniel. You are absolutely correct! This gentleman is General Wojciech Jaruzelski. He was the Minister of National Defense, 1st Secretary of the United Polish Workers Party (PZPR), Prime Minister and finally the first (and last) President of People's Poland. He is best known of indroducing the martial law in Poland on December 13, 1981.

As nobody has recognized any of his ribbons (I do not have any better photo at the moment, sorry), here is another hint. The ribbons are of the following countries (not necessarily in this order): Poland, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Mongolia, North Korea, Romania and USSR. The ribbons are the same set (and probably the same uniform) that he was wearing when announcing the martial law on TV.

Happy hunting!

Lukasz

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

Guest Rick Research

Sometimes I wonder who will remember after we are gone!

The Soviet awards are

BTW our people are still with you in these NEW troubled times, even though our regime thinks it is 1938 again. I live in a town with 1 out of 4 people of Polish descent. History--recent living history, is definitely NOT forgotten here. :beer: