News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

truly stone mint RAD buckle

yup, i was raking leaves in the yard and the neighbor came over and handed it to me. his father participated in the normandy invasion, the battle of the bulge, other places, and was posted in berlin after the war. there are other things as well, but i advised him to keep all of the records, paperwork, photographs, etc. together and in the family.

Guest Rick Research

I tried this today but it didn't work. I raked and raked and raked. Then I mowed the grass because it is going to snow AGAIN tonight.

Nuthin.

Must be a Left Coast thang.

PS I am incredibly cute. And blond.

Nuthin. :banger:

i had a quick peek at the rest of the stuff--pretty cool! there were service records, letters, documents, pics, accounts of d-day, guy (a radioman) calling in air support at the very beginning of the battle of the bulge, etc. etc.. overall a large and detailed amount of paper, passbooks, i.d.'s. and more... swords, armbands, and a few holstered pistols as well.

my neighbor is going to be gone for two months and he asked me to keep an eye on his place and water his plants, grab his mail and pay utility bills, so i suppose the buckle was a kind of payment.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 9 months later...

That's a great example you have shown! Any pics of the back of the buckle? I agree that there are quite a few nice, minty examples out there. I'm sure it was a question of there being large numbers of unissued pieces gathered up after the war.

Rob