News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German inter-war air pistol

helen

hello Gentlemen,

This is an air pistol by C. G. Haenel, according to the markings, a Model 100 DRP (Deutsche Reich Patent), c. 1925-1940? It has the number 1837 on the underside of the grip. It was handed into the police as part of a weapons amnesty in the 1980s so no personal history. All I've found out about it is that the Haenel Co was based in Suhl, Germany. I can't find much in what limited books I have about air guns and all web searches seem to being up only the Haenel Model 28 (.177 cal).

If anyone knows anything about this model of gun, its use (law enforcement? Military training?), or about the Haenel Co in general, I'd be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Helen

Hi - Helen. Sorry, I know nothing about this pistol - so can't help. I would just like to comment that air guns have been in use since the 18th. century. They used to have a copper ball and enough pressure could be pumped in to fire up to 20 times. They had enormous force behind them and had the advantage of being 'silent'. Does the Museum have any of the older ones ?

Hi Helen,

Here's some of what I could find for you:

General info:

https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAccess/Category.aspx?product=4&id=97

https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAccess/Model.aspx?product=4&id=90

Go to the bottom of that page for a Model 100.

Then an article on the Model 100:

http://www.cinedux.com/resources/Haenel%20Model%20100%20Air%20Pistol.jpg

and more pages of same:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23466819@N02/

There seems to be a bit more info here and there when doing a Google search. Anyhow hoping this helps out.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Dan - thanks very much for the links - really helpful!

Mervyn - yes, we have a couple of air guns. None of the copper ball type but the ones with a detachable butt reservoir along the Girandoni lines. One of these is made entirely of brass and there's also a late C18th-early C19th one made by Durs Egg, gunmaker to the king. We also have a walking stick gun, the type that gained popularity after the carrying of swords on the street became frowned upon after the Revolutionary Wars. I will post photos soon!

Helen

• 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

hello Gentlemen,

This is an air pistol by C. G. Haenel, according to the markings, a Model 100 DRP (Deutsche Reich Patent), c. 1925-1940? It has the number 1837 on the underside of the grip. It was handed into the police as part of a weapons amnesty in the 1980s so no personal history. All I've found out about it is that the Haenel Co was based in Suhl, Germany. I can't find much in what limited books I have about air guns and all web searches seem to being up only the Haenel Model 28 (.177 cal).

If anyone knows anything about this model of gun, its use (law enforcement? Military training?), or about the Haenel Co in general, I'd be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Helen

Hello!

Very nice Pistol you show,never seen this before. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep.