News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ed: What is this on ebay?

Ulsterman

This second badge is interesting. I have three specimens of the same badge (all different from and less crude than the e$cam specimen). They were sent to me by my main medals contact in Baghdad. They arrived in the US two days before the invasion (unopened by US customs, though a package of xeroxes that arrived from France the same day was opened, all the documents were unstapled, and the loose pages repackaged out of order -- I feel safer now). My friend in Baghdad promised an ID of the badges and more information on other mystery Iraqi awards "soon". I have heard nothing from him since. I do know that his neighborhood of Baghdad got "liberated" into dust.

• 2 months later...

ED-

There is tentztive i.d. of this badge: the Iran/Iraq war victory badge. I add the photo before it evaporates for future thread reference.

Have you heard any more?

Edited by Ulsterman

Here are the three different specimens I have. As it seems they are crudely depicting the post-1991 Iraqi flag, I find it hard to accept that this has anything to do with Gulf War I (a.k.a. the Iran-Iraq War). Victory badge for Gulf War II?

My Main Medal Man in Baghdad seems to have disappeared 100% in the "liberation", so my documentary sources and evidence have been terminated.

• 4 years later...

Here are the three different specimens I have. As it seems they are crudely depicting the post-1991 Iraqi flag, I find it hard to accept that this has anything to do with Gulf War I (a.k.a. the Iran-Iraq War). Victory badge for Gulf War II?

My Main Medal Man in Baghdad seems to have disappeared 100% in the "liberation", so my documentary sources and evidence have been terminated.

I have the badge on the left, i picked it up in Iraq in 2003, and the locals and my interpreter told me that is was issued to celebrate the victory over Iran in 1988. But have no further information on it; I have just posted a question about this very badge as a guest.

Does anyone know anymore? Value?

I have the badge on the left, i picked it up in Iraq in 2003, and the locals and my interpreter told me that is was issued to celebrate the victory over Iran in 1988. But have no further information on it; I have just posted a question about this very badge as a guest.

Does anyone know anymore? Value?

You can find these all over the web and in Iraq for sale, they sell for around $5.00-$10.00 depends if it is Glazed or not.

Lorenzo

You can find these all over the web and in Iraq for sale, they sell for around $5.00-$10.00 depends if it is Glazed or not.

Lorenzo

They were manufactured in Iraq so many of them were made and very cheap quailty went into them, I herad that they manufactured a few in solid gold but they were for the Higher Ministries of Saddam Hussein.

Lorenzo

ED-

There is tentztive i.d. of this badge: the Iran/Iraq war victory badge. I add the photo before it evaporates for future thread reference.

Have you heard any more?

Here is a little information on the 1988 Great Victory Day Badge:

the symbols on the victory day badge are :-

- general shape of the badge circular refering to the old Arabian shield,

- in the middle of the badge white circle refering to the 17th of July revolution,

- inside the white circle two Arabic letters S ( Saddam) and H ( Huseyin),

- the eight swords on right and left refering to the eight Iraqi armies,

- the 18 palms on the right and left refering to the 18 Iraqi provinces,

- above the badge Iraqi flag and below it Arabian hawk refering to the Iraqi strength and pride,

- the red triangle below refering to the Fao City and the red colour refering to the bloods which irrigated the land of Iraq to defend it against Iran.

Bob