News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ehrenkreuz on the medal bars....

2014.gifHi all,

I received today one fantastic small civilian medal bar with the Ehrenkreuz für Witwen und Eltern gefallener Kriegsteilnehmer.

As far I can understand they are not common at all on the medal bars???2014.gif

My first question is or I just need clarification - if the person was entitled to the Ehrenkreuz with/without swords and meantime family bestowed "widows" cross as well, I presume the 1934 regulations allowed to wear only one of them on the bar and in this case it was the "brown" one?

Now, regarding the bar below - it is civilian bar, sure. Owner of the bar had some kind a war effort as well (Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe). In this case why again the Ehrenkreuz isn't für Kriegsteilnehmer?

Is there a chance that this bar belonged to the women (is there any photos around at all, expect royal frau's, where the women is wearing a medal bar?), especially because the Medjidie-Orden was only Ottoman Empire award what was allowed to give to the women?

Maybe some one can help me in this caseblush.gif

Hi Timo.... very nice bar !!! :beer:

If someone got the Kriegshilfskreuz he must not have been a Kriegsteilnehmer... you could get this one for nearly everything... making wood in the forest as well as owning the biggest ammo firm ;) So, this one here looks like a nice bar of a civillian that lost a son.

By the way - I know two 100% original medal bars where the Frontkämpferkreuz AND the Witwenkreuz were worn together !!!

cheers

Heiko

Thanks Heiko for clarification! So, two Ehrenkreuz was possible on the barspeechless1.gifspeechless.gif

Uhh, and I was still thinking that germans was more strict with they medals and in this time you really have to do something to earn one!violent.gif

Two Ehrenkreuze on one bar is possible, but against the rules. There was a decree that those who qualified for both - e.g. beeing an old soldier on or behind the front, plus having a son who was KIA - are only allowed to wear one.

I know some women wore medal bars instead of bows (and the other way round!), but I can hardly imagine this is a woman's bar. Fit's perfectly for someone like a - male - ammo firm owner.

Guest Rick Research

I have also seen fathers' medal bars with their own and their dead son's Hindenburg Cross. Not often seen because normally the widow or mother got the Next Of Kin type. Fathers were 3rd on the list. We have also seen Urkunden posted here where the mother AND father were JOINTLY awarded ONE Next Of Kin Cross... :whistle:

A splendid civilian "old boy" medal bar, Timo! :cheers: