News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian bar

dond

not knowing the award criteria or placing for Austrian awards - I can not comment. However the mounting device is a dead ringer for readily available Hungarian Communist Era medal bar mounts. I would look at this as nothing more than a collection of awards - not a grouping.

Guest Rick Research

I do not know what the current Austrian Republic awards are but...

they would not be worn with swastika'd WW2 awards. :whistle:

Too many, too crowded, some of them almost invisible... a WW1 red cross award together with combatant awards AND WW2 EK2 (for combatants - a doctor should get a KVK instead :speechless1:). No go for me!

Actually, maybe that bunch of medals could be worth 600$ ? :whistle:I don't know prices for austrian republic stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

trakkles,

As Hunyadi says the mounting bar is certainly Hungarian and these wards certainly would not be worn this way in present day Austria. However, if you add up the cost of the individual awards on the bar $600.00 is probably a reasonable price to pay for it if it is bought just for the medals themselves and not as a grouping. The two current Austrian medals would be a minimum of 100 euros each. Probably more. If your friend doesn't want it how about passing the vendors information on to me. I would buy it.

Regards,

Gordon

Too many, too crowded, some of them almost invisible... a WW1 red cross award together with combatant awards AND WW2 EK2 (for combatants - a doctor should get a KVK instead :speechless1:). No go for me!

Actually, maybe that bunch of medals could be worth 600$ ? :whistle:I don't know prices for austrian republic stuff.

Valter: ..there is no "WWI red cross award" in that group...

trakkles,

As Hunyadi says the mounting bar is certainly Hungarian and these wards certainly would not be worn this way in present day Austria. However, if you add up the cost of the individual awards on the bar $600.00 is probably a reasonable price to pay for it if it is bought just for the medals themselves and not as a grouping. The two current Austrian medals would be a minimum of 100 euros each. Probably more. If your friend doesn't want it how about passing the vendors information on to me. I would buy it.

Regards,

Gordon

the first republik 2 orden: Goldenes Ehrenzeichen für Verdienste um die Republik Österreich --> this year by ebay.at with case --> between 45 until 65 Euro

the second one: Silbernes Verdienstzeichen der Republik Österreich --> this year by ebay.at without case --> 20,5 Euro

the third one: Goldene Medaille für Verdienste um die Republik Österreich --> this year by ebay.at withcase--> 32,5 Euro

If you take the case price away you got a total price under 100 €.

Greetings and happy holidays

Trakkles

the first republik 2 orden: Goldenes Ehrenzeichen für Verdienste um die Republik Österreich --> this year by ebay.at with case --> between 45 until 65 Euro

the second one: Silbernes Verdienstzeichen der Republik Österreich --> this year by ebay.at without case --> 20,5 Euro

the third one: Goldene Medaille für Verdienste um die Republik Österreich --> this year by ebay.at withcase--> 32,5 Euro

If you take the case price away you got a total price under 100 €.

Greetings and happy holidays

Trakkles

Trakkles,

Thanks for your prices on ebay this year. When I made my statement above I was quoting prices in militaria stores in Vienna and the Vienna Saturday Flea Market as well as prices in Budapest. Subsequently, I did some looking on the net and discovered that you can buy these awards a lot cheaper outside Austria and Hungary than you can inside these countries. I did not buy these medals.

Regards,

Gordon