News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 Spange

Matt

Can you get a better shot of the head? It looks like a Ziemer & Sohn (has a big eye), but would like to confirm with picture. Jim

Hi Jim,

These are the only pictures i have. This bar is a potential purchase. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt

Hi Matt

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from the photo provided, the date box looks like it's curved or bent and from what I can see the gaps between the wings/neck look uneven. As stated the photo is really bad.

For me personally with all the fake spange out there, if I didn't have large, detailed photos to study I would pass on it.

Chris

I've tried to enlarge and clean up the image a tad and put arrows on the area's of concern. I also noticed the uneven lower feathers/wings by the legs and the eye looks to be right on top of the head. Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks Chris. :cheers:

I posted the spange and the medal bar on the Imperial Forum....spange is a possible add-on, and from what you are saying it seems to be a fake add-on at that!! :catjava:

The price for the entire bar was the price to buy an original ek2 spange...i thought it too good to be true... :speechless:

Cheers :beer:

Matt

• 3 months later...

Kriztofer is right, it is a fake clasp, and an ugly one if I may say so.

Items pictured under an angle are always tricky, always ask for a head-on picture.

Far easier to tell what is what then

Thanks for the sound advice Ben. :cheers:

Matt

• 5 months later...