News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentlemen,

i found this photo-postcard on the Fleamarket today and i would like to ask you to help with his name. As far as i can read it its:

" Dr. jur. Adolf ?? H???pel als Lt. d. Res. im bayr. Feld.Art.Rgt. in W?rzburg"

Can someone help with the name?

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Not really Dutch, as far as I know. Rather Friesian (North German) origin.

Indeed, you could be right. Friesian names are often very similar to Dutch or also English names. Actually i allways thought of Dutch to be a hotchpotch of Dutch and English.

What would you have paid for this card? Just want to know, if i did right ;)

Thanks again

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Oh Lord, he was even more boring than my writer of "mountain novels!" :cheeky:

In Wer Ist's? 1935:

Born Recklinghausen 15 June 1874 son of "Gro?industrialist" August ten Hompel and Henrietta Wicking. He married Maria Strunk of Recklingshausen and had: Adolf, Maria, Elisabeth, Irmgard, and Carl-Gregor.

Lt. d.R. 13 May 1899 in Bavarian Feldartillerie Regiment 11. This is a pre-1905 photo since no Luitpold Jubilee Medal. In 1913 he'd gone to the Landwehr II, still same rank, with 1905 Luitpold Jubilee and Bavarian LD2. (No mention of ANY military service in his Wer Ist's, and no Crown anyway to any possible BMV4X)

His pseudonym for his :sleep::sleep::sleep: works was "Hermann Wahroder."

Oh Lord, he was even more boring than my writer of "mountain novels!" :cheeky:

In Wer Ist's? 1935:

Born Recklinghausen 15 June 1874 son of "Gro?industrialist" August ten Hompel and Henrietta Wicking. He married Maria Strunk of Recklingshausen and had: Adolf, Maria, Elisabeth, Irmgard, and Carl-Gregor.

Lt. d.R. 13 May 1899 in Bavarian Feldartillerie Regiment 11. This is a pre-1905 photo since no Luitpold Jubilee Medal. In 1913 he'd gone to the Landwehr II, still same rank, with 1905 Luitpold Jubilee and Bavarian LD2. (No mention of ANY military service in his Wer Ist's, and no Crown anyway to any possible BMV4X)

His pseudonym for his :sleep::sleep::sleep: works was "Hermann Wahroder."

:lol: Thanks, Rick. Maria Strunk von Recklinghausen, thats too funny. :lol:

Ah, a pseydomym, thats why i couldn?t find anything about him.

Gerd