News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is this star for?

I recently aquired this medal in a lot of miscellaneous items. It is 2 1/2" (65mm) point to point) with a lovely well done enamelled centre and a open "C" catch pin back. I appears to be silver from the hallmarks on one star point. Any help id'ing the medal appreciated.

Garth

Edited by Garth Thompson

That is outstanding!!! I had no idea that even existed!!

I think the association is still around.

It is very High C of E.....part of the Oxford Movement. I think its on Wikipedia. There was a chapter at the Anglican Walsingham shrine.

It is very High C of E.....

It does sound very High Church, doesn't it? The current Pontiff - whom one of my sisters refers to scornfully as "that German bishop" - is flirting with re-uniting the Anglicans with Holy Mother Church again.

What I find most interesting however is the quaint notion that Charles was "Charles the Martyr"! It's been some years since I read the history of that period but I don't recollect that he did anything particularly holy or even pro-Church and in my books, simply being whacked by political opponenets hardly qualifies as grounds for canonization. Sounds a bit like the proponents of "Saint Evita" in the Argentine!

Peter

It does sound very High Church, doesn't it? The current Pontiff - whom one of my sisters refers to scornfully as "that German bishop" - is flirting with re-uniting the Anglicans with Holy Mother Church again.

What I find most interesting however is the quaint notion that Charles was "Charles the Martyr"! It's been some years since I read the history of that period but I don't recollect that he did anything particularly holy or even pro-Church and in my books, simply being whacked by political opponenets hardly qualifies as grounds for canonization. Sounds a bit like the proponents of "Saint Evita" in the Argentine!

Peter

I looked into this once. Could it be that it was because it was the Presbyterian Scots who handed him over to Noll?

Yep, that's it: http://www.skcm.org/SCharles/scharles_main.html