News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kingdom of Yugoslavia - general's blouse

A piece from my collection,

a parade blouse of division general (two stars general), with apropriate selection of decorations;

It's interesting that generals ranks have stars on sleeves (one, two or three) and not on epaulettes or shoulder boards.

Large epaulettes for generals were not used after 1928.

Unfortunately moths had some pleaseure with the lower part of a blouse.

I'm happy that ''Herr general'' is pleased;

collecting uniforms I have especial interest on generals' uniforms of Kingdom of Yugolsavia and K.u.K.

I'm attaching sommer blouse of Division General (two stars) of the Royal Guard (buttoms are in form of ''olive'')

and there is a Cypher of King Alexander ''AI'' on shoulder board. Cypher AI was placed on shoulder boards only for the Royal guard or for the members of so called ''War house of His Majesty the King'', which means royal adjutants, royal orderly officers etc.

Guard officers wear as well special parade belt called ''kicanka''. I don't know what English translation of this word would be.

Edited by bovec1313

Common service uniform of the division general, with ''axelbenders'', or aquilettes of the Honorary King's Adjutant.

It's interesting that in Yogoslav Royal Army generals' colour was light blue; even greatcoats have blue lappels. All other armies more or less use red color for generals. However, generals' trousers have red lampasses.

I was talking before about light blue been generals' colour.

Infatry had red branch colour. Here is a nice example of the Infantry colonel service blouse & greatcoat. Geratcoat has red lappes;

generals' one would have blue.

This one is unfortunately not from my collection; owner doesn't want to sell ( my coleague collector), but uniform is my size and suits me perfectly, as been made for me.

• 1 month later...

Very nice uniforms indeed, love the great coat too indeed. I got a division general uniform too, unfortunatelly it got a lot of moth-holes so I have to fix it somehow. Here it is. If I turn the pocket inside out I can see which general owned it. He´s name was Dragutin Ristic 1872-1959, there´s a picture of him in your book of orders of serbia and yugoslavia at page 314. Do you got that kind of information in your uniform pockets?