News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My home made dummy with my new gear on it

Desertrat

Hello

I have made the dummy.The M1 ammo belt is WWIIsame for every thing exept the helmet its VN but i need a example so i substituited.The M1 bayonet is dated 1943,the Canteen is 1944 with a OD3 carier,the e-tool is 1945 same for the cover,suspenders are 1944,F/A kit is 1945 and the mussette bag that isnt in the pics is dated 1942,The M43 is my great grandpas i used with my dads permission,gas mask bag is not dated.

Enjoy

Keenan

post-7302-1263611329.jpg

post-7302-1263611348.jpg

Hi Keenan,

Very nice bit of kit.

It's good to see collectors putting together WWII uniforms as it won't be long before the pieces will be nearly impossible to find. I recall (this is old guy talk) when WW I uniforms were so common that the pants, shirts and jackets were used in place of "work wear" as they were a lot cheaper and lasted longer. The next thing you knew you could hardly find any for sale in the military surplus stores.

Thanks for preserving these important atrifacts and also thanks for taking the time to share it with the membership.

Regards

Brian

Hi Keenan,

I totally agree... an excellent display! Keep up the great work!jumping.gifjumping.giflove.gif

Brian... methinks "real" honest to goodness surplus stores have nearly become "old guy talk" too!tongue.gif I remember when you could still find some WWI gear for next to nothing and tons of WWII material. Now so many of these places it's nearly like walking into Kmart.sad.gif

It's sad but the good ole days are long gone.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Hi Keenan,

I totally agree... an excellent display! Keep up the great work!jumping.gifjumping.giflove.gif

Brian... methinks "real" honest to goodness surplus stores have nearly become "old guy talk" too!tongue.gif I remember when you could still find some WWI gear for next to nothing and tons of WWII material. Now so many of these places it's nearly like walking into Kmart.sad.gif

It's sad but the good ole days are long gone.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Nice display!!!

I too make my own mannequins. I got so sick of paying for ones that never seemed to fit right. This one looks great!!!

I agree with you 100% Dan. I have so many fond memories of going to pawn shops and surplus stores and going through all sorts of material. I went to my old haunts this year, and they are all gone. The surplus stores are worthless, and the pawn shops are all gone--or selling crap. It's too bad--but Ebay has become the local pawn/surplus store of yesterday.