News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thompson machine guns

Hi,

which is better/cooler/would you like to have.. A Thompson 1928A1 or a M1A1 ?

best

Chris

It sort of depends on how you define "better". The military chose the M1A1 because it was easier to machine and cheaper to make than the 1928. Thus, better as a mass-produced military arm. However, the 1928 was more finely finished, better machined, and more accurate. Both do their jobs well, at the normal ranges for a submachine gun, are acceptably accurate, and are reliable.

Both, but I currently have a 1928. Just from a "coolness" factor, it looks neater than an M1A1-- vertical foregrip, Cutts Compensator, and drum magazine.

M28 would be my choice. Just a great looking weapon. The M1A1 just starts to look like all modern guns...functional

One of the local pawn shops has a Thompson hanging on the wall behind the counter. Its the first thing you see when approaching the cash register. I don't think its for sell.

You'll never take me alive copper... :violent: