News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello @ all.

I´m searching info´s about the further career of the above saxon officer. [not to be confused with Konrad Sinz (maybe brother?) born 14.2.91, killed in Russia 1941 as Oberst and Pionierführer LI. AK]

He´s born 27.2.1893, active officer in IR 134, St. Henry 21.7.1915.

After War he joined the police. As a Major of the Landespolizei transferred in October 1935 to I./IR 53 in Weißenfels. 1939 Oberstleutnant and commander of the batallion. As far as I know he survived the war. As he was a Oberstleutnant in 1939 it seems possible that he later became a general, but I have no info about that.

Many thanks for help.

Gruß Stefan

Edited by IR 134

Hi Stefan,

Here is an interresting link for you

http://forum.axishis...20220&start=105

I have not find him as General during WW2.

Regards

Christophe

Hi Christophe. I suppose you mean this entry: Oberstleutnant Sinz - commander of Pi.Btl.24 - 04.09.1939 - Warta at the river Warta

That´s not Richard. I believe that´s the above mentioned Konrad (who was a pioneer) but he definately fell 1941. I take a look at the Volksbund-database and there is also no Sinz listed fallen in 1939. So the entry in AHF seems to be a mistake.

Gruß Stefan

Ok, found out, that the later Ritterkreuz and Eichenlaubträger Hermann Flörke became commander I./IR 53 in March 1939. Possible that Richard Sinz then left the army, but not sure. Sinz survived the war and died 10.02.1964 in Göppingen Baden-Württemberg.

Gruß Stefan

• 11 months later...

Hello @ all.

I´m searching info´s about the further career of the above saxon officer. [not to be confused with Konrad Sinz (maybe brother?) born 14.2.91, killed in Russia 1941 as Oberst and Pionierführer LI. AK]

He´s born 27.2.1893, active officer in IR 134, St. Henry 21.7.1915.

After War he joined the police. As a Major of the Landespolizei transferred in October 1935 to I./IR 53 in Weißenfels. 1939 Oberstleutnant and commander of the batallion. As far as I know he survived the war. As he was a Oberstleutnant in 1939 it seems possible that he later became a general, but I have no info about that.

Many thanks for help.

Gruß Stefan

Hello Stefan, I decided to help You (or do You know the answer by now ?)

"Your Richard" became 1. June 40 Oberst, and commanded as from 10.39 the Masch.Gewehr-Rgt.148, then from 2.40 maybe the Inf.Rgt.621 too, finally from 10.40 until ?.41 the Inf.Rgt.452. I have no further info about him (but if You have........).

Regards Rossano