Military Police Presidential Inauguration badge, 2001

bmsm

This is a Military Police Inauguration of the President of the United State Badge for the year 2001. It is 2.75 in. high, 2.00 in wide from eagle's wing tip to wing tip and pin back.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

This is a Military Police Inauguration of the President of the United States Badge for 2005. It is 2.75 in. high, 2.00 in. wide from eagle's wing tip to wing tip and is pinback.

If anyone has any more information on these type of badges, please post.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

This is a Military Police Inauguration of the President of the United States Badge for 2005. It is 2.75 in. high, 2.00 in. wide from eagle's wing tip to wing tip and is pinback.

If anyone has any more information on these type of badges, please post.

Bob

VERY nice Bob. How did you come on these?

Ed

VERY nice Bob. How did you come on these?

Ed

Ed,

I got these two badges at the Military Show in Mpls.-St Paul,MN. about four years ago from a retired Lt. Col. from Ohio. He comes to the show every year and always has a nice selection of medals and badges.

Bob

Hi - Bob. A very attractive badge - as Ed (Hi-Ed) says. The question we need to establish is : 1. Is it a commemmorative item for officers who served at the inauguration - or, is it 2. An identification badge for on-duty officers at the inauguration ?

Mervyn,

I found out more information on the Military Police Inauguration of the President of the United States Badges that I had posted. The person whom I purchased these two badges from said they were only used on the Inauguration Day by MP's at the inauguration.

Bob

Bob - well done. That they were used as identity badges during such an important ceremony makes them much more interesting. I wonder how large the contingent was ?

I would suggest you go make through pictures of past inaugurations and see if you can spot the badge being worn - that would go very well with the actual badge. Mervyn