News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

France & Germany Star group to the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa

I got this group of medals recently together with three service and pay books to the recipient. He is C-21151 Private Ovila Boucher of the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa. Both his parents were French so it is interesting that he ended up in a Canadian Scottish regiment liberating his homeland. The only information I have found on this regiment was in wikipedia and the medal combination appears to be typical of what they would have got.

If anyone knows whether or not it is possible to research individual Canadian soldiers from WWII please let me know. Similarly if anyone knows any good sources for information about this unit feel free to tell me.

:cheers:

Hi Paul,

Nice group and with the documentation even better.

Researching WWII service men and women is tough as the records are sealed.

There must be a way as I have several researched documents from the Archives so someone must know how to obtain them, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to add thhem to my collection.

I too hope some of the members can shed light on this question.

Regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...