News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Banner of the Hungarian People's Republic - 1956

In the picture you can see the 5th Grade of the Order of the Banner of the Hungarian People's Republic which was instituted in 1956. This was the lowest Grade of the Order, but the rarest one. There were just 19 awards made until its (and the 4th Grade's) termination in 1963. It is gold plated silver with all the necessary hallmarks on it. This is an extremely scarce piece.

zaszlorend-5-meggy_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.

... And here you can see the 4th Grade of the Order of the Banner of the Hungarian People's Republic which was instituted in 1956. This was the second lowest Grade of the Order and the second rarest one too. There were just 20 awards made until its (and the 5th Grade's) termination in 1963. It is gold plated silver with all the necessary hallmarks on its back. This is an extremely scarce piece too.

zaszlorend-4-modi-w_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff - to my knowledge there have not been any reproductions - yet - the Hungarians are excelent at manufacturing enameled items BTW... as for a list of recipients - Cimbineus has the best chance of finding that at the national archives - its off limits to anyone but Hungarian national citizens...I tried, I tried and I tried... Its also where there is probably a complete list of the Partiszan recipients... :whistle:

In a word:

WOW! :jumping:

Is this medal ever reproduced? It is very rare. CD-any chance there's an award roster of these ?

Hi Gents,

There have not been any reproductions, and it would be quite impossible to make them, I think, since these early (1956/57) Orders of the Banner of the HPR are made of silver with all necessary hallmarks of those times. Have a look, please:

zaszlorend-4-tu_g_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.j

zaszlorend_4_verdejel_g_www.kepfeltoltes