News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guards Sergeant Major Nikolaj Gordeevich Kostin

AWARD CARD

Order Booklet A № 608342

1. Last Name Kostin

2. Name and Patronymic Nikolaj Gordeevich

3. Military Rank Guards Sergeant Major

4. Sex Male

5. Year of Birth 1918

6. Place of Birth Voronezh Region, Tokaj District, Village Kopyl

7. Party Membership Member of the VKP(b) (All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks)) since 3.1942

8. Education Elementary

9. Nationality Russian

10. In the Red Army since 5.1939

11. Place of service (name of the unit) and duty position at time of awarding time 176th Guards Artillery Mortar Regiment – Gun Fitter

12. Place of service and duty position at current time 37th Independent Guards Order of Kutuzov Artillery Division, Senior Gun Fitter

13. Home address of the awardee Kamenez-Podol’skij Region, City Izdelavl', Street Roza Lyuksemburg, House № 14

14. Record of all awards presented:

Name of Orders, Medals Serial Number Numbers of Documents Awarder

-Glory 3rd Class 105576 Temp. Cert.

B – 875743 Order of the 6th Guards Cavalry Division № 07/N of 16.7.44

-Red Star 1137323 Temp. Cert.

D – 734152 Order of the 6th Guards Cavalry Division № 07/N of 26.2.45

-For Bravery 266181 Temp. Cert.

679774 Order of the 6th Guards Cavalry Division № 2/N of 10.12.42

-For the Defense of Stalingrad Perm. Cert.

E – 34174 Edict of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the USSR of 22.12.42

-For the Capture of Konigsberg Perm. Cert.

A – 139539 Edict of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the USSR of 22.9.45

-For Victory Over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941 – 1945 Perm. Cert.

T – 0232903 Edict of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the USSR of 9.5.1945

-“ 30 Years of the Soviet Army and Fleet ”

-“ For Combat Services ” n/a Edict of 15.11.50

-“ Red Star ” 3355308 Edict of 26.10.55

Signature of the awardee (signed) Kostin

Correctness of the data and signature of awardee attested by

Chief of the Headquarters of the 37th Independent Guards Artillery Division

Guards Major (signed)

2 February 1947 / A. Dolgushev /

AWARD LIST

1. Last Name, name and patronymic Kostin Nikolaj Gordeevich

2. Rank Guards Sergeant Major

3. Position, unit Senior Gun Fitter, 176th Guards Artillery Mortar Regiment, 6th Guards Cavalry Division

Is Recommended for the awarding of the order of Glory 3rd Class

4. Year of birth 1918

5. Nationality Russian

6. Party membership Member of the VKP(b) (All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks)) since 1943

7. Participation in the civil war, in other military actions aimed at the defense of the USSR and in the Patriotic War (where and when) in the Patriotic War since 25 June 1941

8. Wounds or contusions received during the Patriotic War Wounded on 28.6.44, remained in service

9. In the Red Army since October 1939

10. Drafted by what district military commissariat Cherkesk, Stavropol’ Province

11. Previous awards Medal For Bravery – 1943

12. Permanent home address (of the prospective awardee or his/her family) Does not have parents and relatives.

I. Brief description of personal feat

On 24.6.44 in a battle of encounter with the enemy, Comrade Kostin with a group of cavalrymen on horseback attacked a group of Germans and in the course of that killed 3 Germans and captured 7 Germans.

On 28.6.44 Comrade Kostin was wounded while being in the Firing Position, but he did not go to the hospital.

Commander of the 176th Guards Artillery Mortar Regiment

Guards Major (Signed) / Baranov /

If the Germans, Brits or Americans had had such a fantastically easy to research award as these, they would be the worlds favourite medal!

I love these... if I were to go back 20 years and start collecting again.... these would be the medal I would go for... all day , every day...

If the Germans, Brits or Americans had had such a fantastically easy to research award as these, they would be the worlds favourite medal!

I love these... if I were to go back 20 years and start collecting again.... these would be the medal I would go for... all day , every day...

I've got to agree with Chris, these are just such outstanding medals. I remember in the 80's, these and Red Stars were hard to come by...but no one wanted them!!! Boy that was a mistake on my part. The history and humanity behind these are amazing (not to mention the great communist writing...Comrade X killed many Fascists with his bare hands while not spilling the Vodka ration--love it!) :)