News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MoH Air Force

DKOSTAS

Hello everybodyrolleyes.gif,

I need you expert opinionjumping.gif I have seen another MoH (Air Force model) in http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=USA278#bigPic.

The suspension is different than the one I have seen in books and collectionsbanger.gif. Is it a copy? Different manufacturer maybe

cheers

dk

Hello everybodyrolleyes.gif,

I need you expert opinionjumping.gif I have seen another MoH (Air Force model) in http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=USA278#bigPic.

The suspension is different than the one I have seen in books and collectionsbanger.gif. Is it a copy? Different manufacturer maybe

cheers

dk

Looks like a half-a$$ed copy, probably from the up and coming Chinese fake medal industry.

FireMedals

I think that is a total fake, not a US manufacture piece. The pad with the stars looks totally worn out. I have been seeing these recently on Germany Ebay along with an Army varient. The Army one is total fake.

On a hijaked note, maybe President Obama will repeal the Stolen Valor act since he so loathes the military and we can again collect our nations highest decorations in peace.

Guest Darrell

I think that is a total fake, not a US manufacture piece. The pad with the stars looks totally worn out. I have been seeing these recently on Germany Ebay along with an Army varient. The Army one is total fake.

On a hijaked note, maybe President Obama will repeal the Stolen Valor act since he so loathes the military and we can again collect our nations highest decorations in peace.

All three MoH that he has sold or selling are suspect in my book. Look at that Army one :speechless1:

Guest Darrell

Here is the reverse with the single bar suspension. Sorry about the poor scans. I was in a hurry.

Garth

Is that your Garth? :cheers:

Guest Darrell

Yes sir it is. I traded into it for a TR helmet.

Garth

Cool. One of these days ... I've had opportunities to grab a few but always something else catches my eye.

I am no expert on MOHs but i am very suspect of any thing from EMedals!! US ,imperial german TR seen some bogus stuff in his site mixed up with original overpriced stuff! IMO

None of his MoHs were original and most of his other US medals were at least reribboned poorly if not copies or current strikes. Everything I've ever lookied at on the site are grossly overpriced. He does have a couple of TR RKs that have recieved a positive blessing from the WAF experts.

Garth

Thank you all for your helprolleyes.gif .

Sorry Garth but what does TR , RKs and WAF stands for? Something else, have you ever bought any medals from this site? I totally agree about the prices-they are way high speechless1.gif. However, occusionally it has some very good and rare items. I don't know......you can nevershame.gif be certain!!!!!!!!!!

Kostas

Guest Darrell

Sorry Garth but what does TR , RKs and WAF stands for? Something else, have you ever bought any medals from this site? I totally agree about the prices-they are way high speechless1.gif. However, occusionally it has some very good and rare items. I don't know......you can nevershame.gif be certain!!!!!!!!!!

Kostas

Kostas ....

TR = Third Reich

RK = Ritterkreuz (Knights Cross)

WAF = Wehrmacht Awards Forum

I've bought a lot of items off Barry over the years. However, in the last year or so I see more and more "questionable" pieces. Either poorly photoed with poorly worded Sales Paragraphs.

I always get additional pictures from any dealer. More so with e-medals. I must say, Jenn has always answered the call very promptly, however, there always seems to be something that puts me off. Either unadvertised marks, naming, flaws etc. Much more so recently than in years past.

Each time this happens, it leaves you with a suspicious feeling regarding any items they sell on that site.

Kostas

Kostas,

Sorry for the abbreviations TR = Third Reich, RK = Ritter Kreuz or Knights Cross of the Iron Cross, WAF = Wehrmacht Awards Forum. The emedals site does have some rare pieces but I personally think the prices are way out of line. I do check from time to time.

Garth

Kostas ....

TR = Third Reich

RK = Ritterkreuz (Knights Cross)

WAF = Wehrmacht Awards Forum

I've bought a lot of items off Barry over the years. However, in the last year or so I see more and more "questionable" pieces. Either poorly photoed with poorly worded Sales Paragraphs.

I always get additional pictures from any dealer. More so with e-medals. I must say, Jenn has always answered the call very promptly, however, there always seems to be something that puts me off. Either unadvertised marks, naming, flaws etc. Much more so recently than in years past.

Each time this happens, it leaves you with a suspicious feeling regarding any items they sell on that site.

Darrell,

Interesting you should comment on e-medals recent listings. I had always thought even though they were expensive the medals were very nice examples. I thought it was just my imagination the quality had gone down hill recently.

Garth