News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

strange Serialnumber-style!?

Hello Gentlemen,

i would like to have some comments to this serialnumber. Does the style look ok? Another strange thing is, that the patina is missing in the lower part (under the blue line). I can?t see anything, what implies, that the number was replaced. I can see no scratches or buff marks and inside the s/n-engraving there is a good amount of patina.

I think, its probably fine, but just to be sure, what do you think?

Thanks in advance

best,

Gerd

Gerd,

In Paul McDaniel's, on page 143, there is a pic of a type 2 "concave reverse" with a similar SN. PMD indicates a rage of SNs from 100 000 to 650 000 for this variation. So, at first glance, this look fine. You should also check with the Mondvor site.

Cheers.

Ch.

Guest Rick Research

I suppose somebody wasn't able to read the scribbled black number and cleaned just that spot to make it legible.

I'm getting SO twitchy now about what is "out there" that I don't plan to touch ANYTHING that I own, since any alteration could be not simply cleaning but ... hiding something, to anyone not there when it was done.

I suppose somebody wasn't able to read the scribbled black number and cleaned just that spot to make it legible.

I'm getting SO twitchy now about what is "out there" that I don't plan to touch ANYTHING that I own, since any alteration could be not simply cleaning but ... hiding something, to anyone not there when it was done.

I agree, Rick. :beer: You see, i am suspicous too. But i think, thats the explantion. Thank you!!

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker