News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just got this nice little grouping in my grubby little paws this afternoon. My first OZL with salad tongs and salad :)

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

The seller that I purchased it from missed out on the medal bar that was part of the group, but saved a picture of it:

ozl3.jpg

The following was the original seller's description. Can anyone confirm if this attribution makes sense? (Seems like he would have been quite elderly by the time he would have pinned on that buttonhole ribbon):

Aus dem Nachlass des Grossherzoglichen Badischen Geheimen Oberregierungsrats und Ministerialdirktors im Ministerium des Innern Otto Braun 1852 - 1906 Stationen: 1878 Amtmann in Pforzheim 1884 Amtsvorstand in Adelsheim 1885 Oberamtmann in Buchen 1889 Oberamtmann in Karlsruhe 1891 Ministerialrat im Ministerium des Innern 1892 Vorsitzender des Gewerbeschulrats 1898 Geheimer Oberregierungsrat 1899 Landeskommissar für die Kreise Karlsruhe und Baden 1900 Mitglied des Kompetenzgerichtshofs 1906 Ministerialdirektor im Ministerium des Innern unter Minister Dr. Schenkel --------------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ORIGINAL FELDSPANGE um 1900 -----zu den ORDEN vom ZÄHRINGER LÖWEN - RITTERKREUZ MIT SCHWERTERN UND EICHENLAUB + EISERNES KREUZ + FÜRSTLICH WALDECKSCHES VERDIENSTKREUZ sowie ein KNOPF mit SCHWERTERN ------ ALTERSBEDINGT GUTER bis SEHR GUTER ORIGINAL ZUSTAND

Edited by landsknechte

Hi Landsknechte,

the Waldeck Verdienstkreuz 4. Klasse mit Schwertern was a war decoration for junior officers (Leutnant - Oberleutnant).

The mentioned Otto Braun was a official in the civil service. For me that makes no sense.

There is no person of the name in the 1914-18 Waldeck list for these award.

Nevertheless a very nice group!!!

greetings

eitze

Otto Braun died in 1906 so it cannot be his. I'm not aware he had a son. His son in law did win a BZ3bXE, but not the Waldeck award.

I know that stuff when it was sold from a local reseller some years ago and my father did buy bits of it - but I have NO idea whose these bars are.

Lovely, nonethless.

Otto Braun died in 1906 so it cannot be his. I'm not aware he had a son. His son in law did win a BZ3bXE, but not the Waldeck award.

I know that stuff when it was sold from a local reseller some years ago and my father did buy bits of it - but I have NO idea whose these bars are.

Lovely, nonethless.

Do you have pictures of the bits that your dad bought? Even if scattered to the four winds, it would be nice to keep a record of what else might have been part of the group originally.

Also, do the right records even exist to possibly ID this one?

Jup....this is a pure ww1 combattant medal bar with a ribbon bar 1915+ and a buttonhole miniature 1934+

NO WAY THAT THIS IS FROM A 1852 BORN OBERAMTSRAT or something like that... sorry !!! :shame:

Not really disappointed, as that opens up the possibility for something more romantic ;-)

Edited by landsknechte

Unfortunally not, but anyway it's not related to the shown bars.

Is there a chance to idetify this trio from what is on it, and from what isn't? I guess there is not, but who knows...

Slightly confused... What isn't related to the shown bars?

Not sure if these will clarify things, or confuse them further

.... they confuse further!!! :speechless:

So from what we can see it must be the things from 2 or 3 or 4 persons... I can`t read the documents on your pictures and I can`t see the medal bar on the photo...

BUT

person 1 : the bar , the ribbon bar and the lapel bow

person 2 : the documents (Otto Braun?)

person 3 : Baden Kriegshilfskreuz

person 4 : the photo (or is it the medal bar from person 1 , but I don`t think so...?)

I think the medal bar in the photo begins with an EK then an OZL. Can't make heads or tails of what comes after it, and even whether or not it's a three or a four place medal bar in the photo. I'm trying to see if I can track down the original seller, and get a better scan of that photo. (It's a long shot, but maybe it'll pay off.)

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to Imperial German uniforms, and I really haven't a clue what sort of uniform the man in the photo is wearing. Can anyone "translate" that for me?

Edited by landsknechte