News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown South and Central American Items?

Hello, I brought a good size box of South and Central American insignias. All of which were made in France between 1890s to 1920s. Would anyone happen to know what these insignias are for? Specially the pairs of Argentine Insignias at the bottom? The large ones are only an inch long and the smaller one are about 1/2 inch.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9926/10179122.png

• 4 weeks later...

Took the liberty of resizing and reposting for you. Hope it helps!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Thank you for helping post that photo. I find it amazing that their a fourm full of people and no one has any ideas?

Here's an idea - which South American state used / uses the sun on its crests? More than one? As I recall it features at the top of a crest stamped on Imperial German bayonets produced for a South Amercan country.

That's me all out of inspiration

I'm sure the item #21923 is from Guatemala.

The sun is a dominant element in the heraldry of Argentina and Uruguay

21923 is Guatemala, I can smell the Quetzal from here. Sun and Liberty cap on pole Argentina, Sun can also be Peru.

All the best,

Paul

I think the half wing with the sun is from Peru but is it a collar badge? On the back of it, it has two pairs of prongs like on a cap badge.

Edited by Lion101