News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Do we, as collectors, ever stop? We take breaks, to be sure, especially when the market "slumps" as it does upon occasion, and the offerings just aren't what we're looking for. But stop outright? I don't know if any collector has ever done that except as it has coordinated with his/her stopping breathing.:blush:

Now to the few items I have... first, a couple of Kivalo Dolgozo badges (one of the Rakosi period and one of the late Kadar period) and a Stakhanovist badge from 1953.

Are there more versions? And is there a list with all the versions?

Many thanks in advance.

There are enough versions of this badge to rate it as a collection in itself. Suggest you search this forum- you'll be surprised at how many there are. I was.

My modest estimation is that the number of Hungarian "KIVALO" badges (only civilian ones!) is close to 1,000 including different types and versions. Some of those extremely rare. For example, you can find easier an Order of the Banner of the HPR than a "KIVALO KOMBEJNVEZETŐ" (Excellent Combiner) badge.

cimbineus

whoa!!! Awesome. Those look very early.

Is there a book on the Kivalo badges at all? :cheers:

That series consists of six badges (cart, road roller/steamer, tram, car, ship and excavator). Yes, indeed, those were quite early badges, especially if you look at the cart as a means of transportation of those times ... :whistle:

Yes, there is a book on those badges, issued in 1997, but was sold out immediately. It is impossible to get a copy nowadays.

Well, who would have thought a volcano would erupt and slow down shipments enough to interrupt my thread but, hey, stuff happens. I did, however, get two of the four remaining pieces last evening, and these happen to be the two more spectacular (in my opinion) of the remaining "beginning" items, so with these medals, I've decided to let the thread die a natural death and declare an "end to the beginning" of my Hungarian collection. From this point on, it becomes serious:angry:.

First up, a 1954 model Medal of Meritorious Service, boxed with ribbon...

And the front and back of the medal itself. As I end my contributions to this thread, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind comments here and as PM's, and thanks for welcoming me into this community.:D