Joe,

That is a Beauty! :love: I would say it is definitely pre-war and is probably the highest quality patriotic piece I have ever seen. Due to the jeweler's name on the lid of the case, this would not have been a presentation stickpin as given by the Kaiser or Crown Prince. It was, no doubt, custom made for a gentleman who demanded only the highest quality and could well afford it. Cheers :beer:

Dan Murphy

That is a beautiful stickpin! I have been in one of the Hohenzollern castles a couple of times and they had some wonderful items there but a small display of medals and such. I may be way off base, but I think this is more a give away type item form the powers to be instead of a patriotic stickpin. Tend to think that it could have been an anniversary or special event stickpin. The reason I say that is there are no dates or mention of an event or reunion. Kinda of generic in a great way! Hard to date for me at this time-Pre WWI maybe, but I tend to think maybe a bit later--will do some asking and see if any of my friends know. I do find it interesting that it was made in Berlin-Prussia instead of a more local jeweler and with all my stickpins-that is the first I have seen with an attactment like that. But all in all-an item I would love to add to my collection and a great find! Mike

Edited by Mike Dunn

That is a beautiful stickpin! I have been in one of the Hohenzollern castles a couple of times and they had some wonderful items there but a small display of medals and such. I may be way off base, but I think this is more a give away type item form the powers to be instead of a patriotic stickpin. Tend to think that it could have been an anniversary or special event stickpin. The reason I say that is there are no dates or mention of an event or reunion. Kinda of generic in a great way! Hard to date for me at this time-Pre WWI maybe, but I tend to think maybe a bit later--will do some asking and see if any of my friends know. I do find it interesting that it was made in Berlin-Prussia instead of a more local jeweler and with all my stickpins-that is the first I have seen with an attactment like that. But all in all-an item I would love to add to my collection and a great find! Mike

mike!

i am most impressed with your reply.

this is one of those pieces that from time to time

jump up and shriek "adopt me!!"

so these pins - or something like them - may have been

passed out as momentos of particular events relating

to house of hohenzollern?

much obliged,

joe