News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Never seen these before ?

My friend... you come up with some of the neatest stuff!jumping.gifjumping.gif I LOVE these!love.gif And yes, they do appear to be for hunting which knowing the DDR along with the rest of the Warsaw Pact they had some official group to hold control over hunters, sportsmen, etc. Wish I had more info but these are the first I've seen of these. If you ever run into more of the same for a good price please let me know.

Been waiting for you to give me a nudge on PM or email. Give me a shout!biggrin.gif

Great additions to the collection! Keep on truckin'!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Yes, There was a hunting association in East Germany that I believe was called the Jagdgesellschaft der DDR. I have several medals simular to yours, but without ribbons, for hunting with dogs. I picked them up at the "Hunt Shop" in East Berlin's Alexanderplatz in the late 80s before the fall of the wall.

I should mention that several senior party and military leaders, most notably, Erich Honecker, were avid hunters. Here is a link that shows some of the associated member documents for a hunter I believe lived in East Berlin: http://www.jagdkultur-hobusch.de/index.php?id=5-1-2-0-0