News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finished one of my Imperial display cases

Noor

Hi,

I would like to share a picture with you guys. Here is one Ricker Mount display case for my Imperial Russian items (two medals, ribbon bar and portrait).

I used cardboard from art shop and velt. I have to do lables again, because my son split some water some of them (I must forgive him this time - he is just 1,5 years oldshame.gif ).

How you guys display your items?cheers.gif

149622430532fb_l.jpg

149622457f11e6_l.jpg

Hi Noor,

Way back I started a thread on this in the Conservation and Preservation forum

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12023

Take a look - I should post some of my pics there too.

Jim

Thank you guys!

I left some space there for extra award as well but still - I think they look pretty nice made like this but you can't keep many items in one case.

Also, maybe some imperial expert can have a look at the label and advise, did I got the ribbons "puzzle" almost right - as far I know, there isn't a chance to ID them 100%. Whats bothers me is this Turkish war ribbon - can it indicate something else from around WW1 period?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to share a picture with you guys. Here is one Ricker Mount display case for my Imperial Russian items (two medals, ribbon bar and portrait).

I used cardboard from art shop and velt. I have to do lables again, because my son split some water some of them (I must forgive him this time - he is just 1,5 years oldshame.gif ).

How you guys display your items?cheers.gif

149622430532fb_l.jpg

149622457f11e6_l.jpg

Noor;

It looks GREAT! I like it a lot.

Important note to everyone, (if you will forgive me for saying/pointing this out)....you mentioned using cardboard from the art shop. Be sure to use only paper and paper products from art stores because they are usually acid-free. Anything that comes in contact with the medals, ribbons, photos needs to be acid-free.

My riker mounts usually don't have this cardboard matting. But I can see that when you do it, it makes it museum-display quality. It really brings it up a notch.