News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have several doubts on the concession of the saxon merit order.

If I am not mistaken, the order of precedence of the Saxon orders is:

Albert order----->Merit Order-----> St.Henry order

But I have seen enough photos of Saxon officiers who have been awarded with Albert order and with the St. Henry order

but not with the merit order (In case of Prussia,during the WWI, an official awarded with the PLM, always has been decorated before with ek2, ek1 and HHO).

Even the merit order has been awarded fewer times (during WWI) than the St. Henry:

Merit order knigth 2nd class with swords: 1850

Merit order knigth first class with swords: 450

St. Henry Order (Knight): 2800

Which is the reason?, the merit order are awarded only for some specific merit?

BR

Enrique

Like i know there is no order of precedence awarding the SHO.

Only a few Saxon officer who have the SHO got the SVO. But most of them had the SAO before got SHO.

The same for the SH medal.

Regards Alex

Edited by jaba1914

Thanks Alex,

Then if the usual is awarded first with the SAO and later with the SHO (for a very brave saxon officier, of course), In that cases were awarding an officier with the SVO with swords?

Regards

Edited by palencia

Hello,

Usually, the SAO was awarded first, then the SVO and to finish the SHO. Here is the theory, some unit gave a little SVO to officers and some others unit, we can find that all officer who received the SHO, have received first the SAO and the SVO.

It's a good question and I will see in the text if there is something written about this.

Christophe

Usually, the SAO was awarded first, then the SVO and to finish the SHO.

It is not ussual to get the SVO former to the SHO. I know a lot of groups of officers who got the SVO after the SHO.

I don't think that many officers got the SVO former to the SHO, many of the SHO holder neve got the SVO.

If a officer still have the SAO and the SHO he could only get the SVO.

Regards Alex

• 11 months later...

Alex, you're right,

I have been looking, in this one and other forums, and really many of saxon officiers who had obtained the SV3aX, already they had been rewarded with the SH3 before.

It's really curious, but evidently, if for example, in 1916 a Saxon officier are awarded with the SH3 (the high Saxon decoration for bravery) and this officier continues doing merits in the war, that another decoration exist for this officier?

Regards

It is not easy with this saxon awards.

In most cases the VO was awarded to officers who already had the SHO but not allways. In several cases the VO was awarded to officer who never got the SHO as a second award.

In a few cases the SHO was awarded first before the AO. I have a group of an Lt who got the SH3 first, followed by SA3bX and at least SV3bX. Because there is no order of precedence awarding the SHO.

Regards

Alex

Alex, you're right,

I have been looking, in this one and other forums, and really many of saxon officiers who had obtained the SV3aX, already they had been rewarded with the SH3 before.

It's really curious, but evidently, if for example, in 1916 a Saxon officier are awarded with the SH3 (the high Saxon decoration for bravery) and this officier continues doing merits in the war, that another decoration exist for this officier?

Regards

Edited by jaba1914