News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Cross ribbon bar- uncommon combination

I received this ribbon bar in the post a few days ago and have only gotten around to researching the ribbons on it that i did not know. I am a little unsure if the Waldeck ribbons represent medals or orders. I hope someone can help.

-Prussian War Aid Cross

-Prussian Red Cross Medal 2nd Class

-Prussian Red Cross Medal 3rd Class

-Waldeck Freidrich Bathildis Order

-Honour Cross w/o swords

-Red Cross Decoration (maybe from Weimar?)

-Waldeck Merit Order/Medal

It was only with the help of this website could i identify ribbon No.4. http://www.ordensmuseum.de/adl/bander.htm

I have never seen it before on a ribbon bar and this is what drew me to it in the first place.jumping.gif If anyone has a picture of this order please post it if possible.

The order of precedence to me is odd...i would have expected the other Waldeck ribbon at the end of the bar to be higher up on the bar. I though it may have been placed down there as it was a non-combatant award...but then so are most of the other awards.speechless.gif

I then thought it was placed there as a "foreign German" award...i.e. not from the owners State/Province...but then the other Waldeck ribbon is on the middle of the bar...blush.gif I would like to hear others opinion on this.

Kind regards

Pierce

Hi !

I think the last one could be the Reuss medal for selfless acts in wartime (Medaille für Aufopfernde Tätigkeit in Kriegszeit.

Nice bar !

cheers.gifjumping.gif

Thank you...this indeed is a possibility and one i had not considered.cheers.gif

I assumed it was Waldeck as there is another Waldeck order on the bar.

Kind regards

Pierce

Pierce.... in natural , is the N°6 a sun paled red or is it a brown/orange colour???

Hi Heiko,

It looks like a brown/orange colour...but i had assumed it was just faded.

What are your thoughts? Is there a ribbon like this colour that is shown above?

Kind regards

Pierce