News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Everyone,

This medal just arrived the other day and my attempts to find out much history on it has not met with much success.

It is a Baden Campaign Medal 1849 with an original ribbon, not one of the newly made ones. From what I can find out, this is a commemoritive medal awarded to those who took part in the 1849 campaign against insurgents. That's about all I could find. I am hoping that the membership can help with more details as to why it was awarded and who were the "insurgents"?

Thanks for any information you can give me. It is, as always, apperciated.

Regards

Brian

By goom, that's a Bad'n :cheeky: (I've always wanted to say that)

You can find out most if not all of what you want to know, and about the other 1848/49 insurrections throughout Europe here.

By goom, that's a Bad'n :cheeky: (I've always wanted to say that)

You can find out most if not all of what you want to know, and about the other 1848/49 insurrections throughout Europe here.

Hi Tom,

You're a funny guy...Bad'n! :cheeky: I live in New Hamburg which is next to a small village named Baden, except we pronounce it as Bay-din. Next to that is Kitchener which was known as Berlin until 1916. It's a pretty German area so why they pronounced the name they way they do is a mystery to me.

Thanks for the histoical documents, I printed them off and will read them a little later. Too much time in front of the computer screen reading text is hard on the old eyes. :unsure:

Thanks again Tom.

Regards

Brian

• 3 years later...