News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Iraq Collection

Scott,

The deep green piping is for the Military Court and the red is for higher officers. The cap with the red piping is used with the higher officers badge on the front. If there is no manufacturing tags inside, they were made in Iraq.

Bob

As always, thank you and your friend in Iraq for the great information Bob. :cheers: Scott.

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 182
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an updated shot of some of my Iraqi medals and ribbons. It has been a while since I did an update on new items... I am trying to assemble all of the medals with their corresponding ribbons. So far I have a pretty good start, and even a few ribbons without medals :cheers: . Scott

2624354090105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Here are a couple of Iraqi Armor breast badges that are quite similar to the old DDR variety. It is a bit difficult to see but the one on the left is gilt while the other is silver. I am not sure if this denotes a particular class or perhaps just a different manufacturer. Scott.

2540474780105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

That is a beautiful collection of medals Scott.

Thanks Paul, just a work in progress. As you know, I am mostly interested in combat items but I enjoy the medals when I can find them reasonably priced (cheap :whistle: ) Thanks again, Scott.

Here is a neat name/unit badge I added to my Desert Storm uniform. When I get a translation, I will relocate it to the appropriate uniform and rank. It really has a great patina that goes well with this uniform. Scott.

2483982060105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

2076373420105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is my collection of Iraqi Officer collar gordets. It is believed that the darker version are for Republican Guard Officers and that the bright Red is for all other branches. I believe that once the officer becames a General and recives his palm gordets, that they are bright red. Scott.

2709593030105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Are there not a couple of members here who read Arabic?

I posted them in the Middle East and Arab States thread as well. Windu and Lorenzo responded and basically confirmed that they are just name badges. It would have been neat to have the name of a specific unit, but that's how it goes when you are totally unfamiliar with a language. Scott.

Here is a neat name/unit badge I added to my Desert Storm uniform. When I get a translation, I will relocate it to the appropriate uniform and rank. It really has a great patina that goes well with this uniform. Scott.

2483982060105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

2076373420105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

I really like this uniform, is this your 1991 uniform you displayed a year ago or is this a new one? The white bordered RG Insingia looks very nice.

Lorenzo

Here is my collection of Iraqi Officer collar gordets. It is believed that the darker version are for Republican Guard Officers and that the bright Red is for all other branches. I believe that once the officer becames a General and recives his palm gordets, that they are bright red. Scott.

2709593030105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott

Do all these collar Insignia have the brass clips on them?

Lorenzo

Yes, all except the Generals which have the snaps. Scott.

Thats good, I bought a few sets both Gilt and Brown string from Jason last year.

Lorenzo

I really like this uniform, is this your 1991 uniform you displayed a year ago or is this a new one? The white bordered RG Insingia looks very nice.

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

This is the uniform I have had since Desert Storm. I just placed the badge with it as it had a really nice patina that matched the uniform. Thanks for asking. Scott.

• 4 weeks later...