News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Gentlemen,

finally, after some months of negotiations, i can (proudly) present this nice german post-1934 WW1-medalbar-set.

I guess that there is NO chance of finding out the name belonging to the bar, or am I wrong?

The set came without box so i asked a fried (boxmaker) to make a new one.

I changed ONE thing that will irritate some of you but i just had to do it.

There was no IC1 within the set but for reasons of symmetry and presentation i put an IC1 of my collection into the box.

Two other things, that came with the set are not included in the box.

The origially box for the bulgarian Military Merit Order 4th class (plus Trifold-Robbon) and a miniature for the 5th class of this order.

josef

Edited by Josef Rietveld

Dear Gentlemen,

finally, after some months of negotiations, i can (proudly) present this nice german post-1934 WW1-medalbar-set.

I guess that there is NO chance of finding out the name belonging to the bar, or am I wrong?

The set came without box so i asked a fried (boxmaker) to make a new one.

I changed ONE thing that will irritate some of you but i just had to do it.

There was no IC1 within the set but for reasons of symmetry and presentation i put an IC1 of my collection into the box.

Two other things, that came with the set are not included in the box.

The origially box for the bulgarian Military Merit Order 4th class (plus Trifold-Robbon) and a miniature for the 5th class of this order.

josef

Outstanding bar. Congratulations. I don't have a problem with adding the EK1. From his other awards, of course he would have earned that. I noticed it's a convex one too. very appropriate. I like how the medal bar, ribbon bar, minis mirror each other. The box is great for this group.

Just one thing <<<groan>>>, sorry...the medals are all overlapping from right to left. From the EK2 usually everybody has to snug in underneath. The exceptions are when a particular (usually a cross) is sown down, or certain awards that are big and dominate. Like the Bulg MMO or Turkish Medjidie Orders come to mind.

Thank you for showing it. I don't believe it is impossible to ID; it will just be very hard. It would be more of a process of discounting possibilities. That LS cross should be helpful when you consider that there is no Centennial medal or overseas decoration (China, DSWA, etc.) I seem to RICall a Kind and great RESEARCHer who once said that it was important to look at what is not there, as well as what medals that are.

Edited by Claudius

Hello,

a nice group indeed! Is the Austrian Militäverdienstkreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration an old-type piece with the "Strich-Punkt-Strich" under the "VER/DIENST"? From the picture it gives this idea...

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Hello,

a nice group indeed! Is the Austrian Militäverdienstkreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration an old-type piece with the "Strich-Punkt-Strich" under the "VER/DIENST"? From the picture it gives this idea...

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Dear Enzo,

you are absolutely right. The old MVK-Type on the bar was one of the main reasons for me to buy it. For me a 100-percent-proof that german manufactureres after 1918 produced MVK's

according to the old regulations (Statuten). Later i will show additional pictures of the MVK and its reverse (fully enamelled white)

josef

Dear Josef,

that's a very interesting point: I'll be delighted to see more details of that fine, old-fashioned MVK/KD.

Best wishes and congratulations for this addition to your collection,

Enzo (Elmar Lang)

Edited by Elmar Lang

Dear Enzo,

I stumbled across this variants as i scrolled through Previteras 'Iron Time'. He depicts a german post 1919-Bar (obverse and reverse) with an identical Militärverdienstkreuz/KD (see picture). The first time i saw this variant on a bar in another forum i knew i wanted it quite deeply. Not only because it is a nice complete set (well there could have been a frog-bar aswell) but more cause of this oldfashioned Militärverdienstkreuz/KD-Variant.

regards

Josef

Just one thing <<<groan>>>, sorry...the medals are all overlapping from right to left. From the EK2 usually everybody has to snug in underneath. The exceptions are when a particular (usually a cross) is sown down,....

Thank you for showing it. I don't believe it is impossible to ID; it will just be very hard. It would be more of a process of discounting possibilities. That LS cross should be helpful when you consider that there is no Centennial medal or overseas decoration (China, DSWA, etc.) I seem to RICall a Kind and great RESEARCHer who once said that it was important to look at what is not there, as well as what medals that are.

Thanks Claudius I will correct this and hope that some great RESEARCHER will once lift this mystery.

josef

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely, but I fear a bit to "thin" to identify.

We're looking for a Prussian officer, liely Hauptmann, who wasn't yet in service in March 1897, got no Prussian order but won a SA3aX in WW1... alive in 1934... mhh... probably an unique combination, problem is to find him.