News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Republican Guard Grafitti

This is a picture I took in Mosul at the former Airbase. As far as I know it is for training and depicts a Republican Guard soldier as well as the RG red triangle insignia. Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-128017596777.jpg.jpg]

This is a picture I took in Mosul at the former Airbase. As far as I know it is for training and depicts a Republican Guard soldier as well as the RG red triangle insignia. Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-128017596777.jpg.jpg]

Scott,

It's too bad you couldn't have shipped that back!! That would have been a real conversation piece.jumping.gif

Bob

Scott,

It's too bad you couldn't have shipped that back!! That would have been a real conversation piece.jumping.gif

Bob

You didn't see the big gap in the wall Bob. I tried to send it all but the postage was killing me! banger.gif Scott.

kind of expensive postage though huh? :beer:

Mail being sent home is free of charge from Combat areas... I would be upset, as a tax payer, if someone sent back a freaking brick wall. :whistle:

Mail being sent home is free of charge from Combat areas... I would be upset, as a tax payer, if someone sent back a freaking brick wall. 2014.gif

Hi Paul, for us letter mail was free but packages had to be paid for. The cost of shipping so many items was tough for me as I could only draw $300.00 per month in 2003 from the finance people. Any extra $$$ had to be mailed in the form of cash from my wife, generally it worked out well but mailing large sums of cash is never without risks... Scott.

Hi Paul, for us letter mail was free but packages had to be paid for. The cost of shipping so many items was tough for me as I could only draw $300.00 per month in 2003 from the finance people. Any extra $$$ had to be mailed in the form of cash from my wife, generally it worked out well but mailing large sums of cash is never without risks... Scott.

I was just joking about shipping the walls home, I did have a 2'by 2' Ba'ath party HQ brick from Union III that had the wing spreaded nessier eagle on it. I tried to send it home but it was pulled out of the Connex. Sad for me but the other soldier was able to take his 380 pound white marble head of Saddam Hussein from the same building in 2005-06. I offered him $8,000.00 for it back here in the states but he denied my offer:(. It was listed on ebay twice but was pulled of ebay do to ebay rules in 2007.

Edited by IMHF

I offered him $8,000.00 for it back here in the states but he denied my offer:(. It was listed on ebay twice but was pulled of ebay do to ebay rules in 2007.

That must have been a beautifull statue.

There is an Ebay ban on Iraqi stuff now?

That must have been a beautifull statue.

There is an Ebay ban on Iraqi stuff now?

I know, but Iraqi helmets are selling for a lot now a tan helmet with 1 mark of RG on it will fetch $300-$350.00 crazy:

Lorenzo