News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PASSING OUT GROUP PHOTOS

There have been a number of historical group photos shown on this Forum - particularly on the Specials thread. However, it is common practise for the Class to have a photograph taken with Instructors in the Final Week before Passing Out.

This is mine - taken in January 1968 - I'm in the third row at end right. Perhaps our many other Police members will be interested in posting theirs - remember, there is an historical content in the Uniforms and the Force - many of which have changed. Look forward to seeing them - and one point, no matter what Rank was achieved we all started at this point !

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remeber collecting mine....but I wasn't the best student!

A great thread though Mervyn maybe a posting in the lounge as I'm sure you will get more than "Job" photos maybe even get some from the Colonies though they will probaly be porale photos :whistle:

Best

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Mervyn,

I don't have a "passing out parade" photo as I was rejected for the Army for being colour-blind. I am however posting my family's passing out of 1950s Britain into the Lucky Country. I am third from left.

I think Craig is correct in saying that this thread belongs in the Lounge.

Stuart

PS. Got to be so careful with you lot - my father is holding the pint of beer!

Edited by Stuart Bates

• 2 weeks later...

Mervyn,

I finally found that primary school "passing out" photo. It was the class of 1959 and I am second row, third from right.

You must get this thread moved to the Lounge as we will see some very interesting history when it is exposed to the GP.

Stuart

post-1883-037025200 1286145563_thumb.jpg

I did re-post to the Lounge - I think about two people added photos. With the Forum postings have to be at the right time to get interest - however, why not add these - may get some interest. I think they've nearly finished re-fighting the World Wars...........

I have no passing out photo... but do have photos of guys in the unit after they have passed out. This includes ones where, after they have passed out a single eyebrow is shaved off, or, in one case, the face was decorated with a thick black permanent marker.

Would these fir the bill? :-)